Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband down: DSL light not lit

Options
  • 22-10-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

My BT home broadband has been down since Friday evening last. The DSL light is out on the modem and I have no comms. The phone line is ok though. The cables and filters used were swapped but made no difference. BT did a line test and confirmed a fault (they said the line showed red!).

Can anyone explain the significance of this and should it take nearly a week to sort out? I have rung BT several times since and they say that they are awaiting the line "to be cleared". To be honest, I'm getting mighty p*ssed off :mad: I also spoke to a few neightbours and their Broadband all seem to be fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

My broadband was restored last Saturday. Apparently something was wrong in the exchange. Total down time was 15 days:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

shamwari wrote: »
    BT did a line test and confirmed a fault (they said the line showed red!).

Can anyone explain the significance of this and should it take nearly a week to sort out?
    Like eircom they provide broadband service through your telephone line. I would assume while testing the phoneline they found a fault on it.
    [/quote]
    Shamware wrote: »
    I have rung BT several times since and they say that they are awaiting the line "to be cleared". To be honest, I'm getting mighty p*ssed off :mad: I also spoke to a few neightbours and their Broadband all seem to be fine.

You obviously didnt know but BT rely on eircom when they log faults or any provider who provides a service through a phoneline like Smart, Magnet and i dont think have any agreement or time scale when faults are fixed.

Advertisement