Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air flow meter - hyundai accent

Options
  • 22-10-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

had my 2001 hyundai accent diagnosed today at main dealer in cork as having a problem with air flow meter - engine management light light on dash cleared. They said new part would be €276 with €50 to fit. Looking at some previous posts seems it would be pretty easy to fit - any mechanic could do or could possibly try myself?

also would it be possible to pick up a second hand one from dismantlers - i.e. replacement necessarily would not have to be brand new?

any advice welcome. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Any mechanic could do it no problem. Wouldnt go for a second hand airflow meter not worth it. Look online but it'd go for a genuine one. Some of the generic MAFs are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Only buy a secondhand unit if it has been tested.
    And yes, easy to fit youself.

Advertisement