Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Blackberry Pearl UK

• 22-10-2008 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know if an unlocked Blackberry Pearl (originally on UK Orange network) will work on O2 IRL?

I suspect it may work for calls and text but nothing else like WIFI or EDGE or POP3?

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It should work once the device isn't setup and in use currently on another account as far as I know. Ring up O2 data support 1850 601740 and they will be able to setup Blackberry for you if it's possible :)

And correct me if I'm wrong but the 8100 doesn't have wifi ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Edge will work, just download Opera mini and install that on the phone. The phone's email client won't work without a Blackberry data plan though. You can download a Gmail app if you use Gmail.
    The 8100 doesn't have Wifi, the 8120 does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cnott

Thanks Random.

I will try the O2 number. I presume it would not be an issue with them me using a non-O2 phone.

The model in question is the Blackberry Pearl 8120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If O2's data support send the Internet browser service book to the user's handset, will this work successfully and allow the user connect to the Internet?

Advertisement