Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovery Program's????

• 22-10-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that the folder My Documents is missing and i think the sister deleted it by accident, it has loads of photos and files which i need :). I tried using System Restore except it wont let me select a date or month.

Can anyone recommend a free program or have any ideas? I did check the recycle bin but its not there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

What windows is it? if its XP you might want to check "C:\Documents and Settings\<Your-Username>\" and look for the my documents folder there, if it is then all that has been deleted is the shortcut for My Documents from the desktop and/or start menu.

Another check, again assuming XP, is to right-click on the Desktop and select properties, then in the properties window select the desktop tab, then customize desktop, and you'll see a desktop icons section, if there is no tick beside my documents, then tick it, click ok and then click apply and the folder shortcut will appear on the desktop.

Hope this helps,
    daywalker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rest2514 for one by one restores, but it will show files you can recover, limit of 80 GB partitions though

photorec will pull back stuff long after other utils give up

do NOT copy any files to the drive in case you overwrite the deleted files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

see pcinspector.de .free file recovery program,set up drive as slave hd d:\
    dont install anything on drive c.I think EBCD has a file recovery program ,or ultimate boot disk.

Advertisement