Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bring ur dog to work

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

I heard of it and seen it in a few post on here about people bringing their dogs to work i was just wondering if anyone on here does it or knows of someone who does where they work?? just curious really

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anynamewilldo

Would love 2 be able to bring my dog to work but unfortunately that a definite no no in a big company. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home 1-2 days a week so I guess in that sense I get to bring my dog to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I think it'd be great, depending on where you work of course, obviously not somewhere dangerous like a building site or factory! but I'm sure a dog would love to wander around an office and get attention, if only bosses were nicer! :p I think the people that work at Google are allowed to bring their dog to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

It would totally work where I am. They could sleep in my office and there are great grounds for walking. I'd love to be able to take them to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

I bring my staffie to work with me everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Depends on the dog as well and how easy going they are, also other workmates might not like it or customers some people can be nervous of dogs only takes on fussy person to complain.
    Mind you some self employed people do, seen landscape gardners take the dog around in the van to different jobs and a few times other dogs in work vans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I work in a shop and bring my dog with me. She gets cuddled all day and loves it! Side's a big soft thing and v gentle and quiet! The kids love her and she gets people in to visit her everyday! She must be the most well known dog in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I bring my rottweiler to work, now he stays over in the yard on the stud, i work in the office of a stud farm. I go and walk him every lunchtime so its nice.
    It means hes only ever on his own for about 4 hrs but theres loads going on around so hes not too lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh i can on occassion bring my dog to work aswell..its great! Loads of my colleagues do aswell but i work somewhere where this the norm and nobody bats an eyelid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I would love to bring one of our dogs to work. If I was to bring the terrier he'd sleep beside me in my office most of the day and would growl at anybody who comes to my office door. He does that at home all the time.
    Wouldn't that be great, a pet to keep the boss away?

I have heard though that next June 26th will be a national Bring Your Dog to Work Day. I heard it on the news a few weeks ago and I told my boss that day about it so he won't be surprised when I turn up with a dog next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I know 2 women who bring their dogs to work but they are both bosses in their respective companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

i'm so jealous of anyone that can do this ok a question to anyone who said they can bring them to work IS THERE ANY JOBS GOING IN UR PLACE???:D

Advertisement