Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Near Castlebar

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Lads

anyone know any decent spots near castebar for some pike fishing on shore.? off there the weekend

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Contact Kenny Sloan at Foxford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Kenny Sloan it is!

FYI will be doing the legal type of fishing and putting anything i catch back after taking a snap of it!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 garymaxima

seanie500 wrote: »
    Kenny Sloan it is!

FYI will be doing the legal type of fishing and putting anything i catch back after taking a snap of it!:cool:

fair play to ya, there are plenty who don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

your dead right gary i never would have thought a innocent peice of info would do so much damage

williamsrk wrote: »
    your dead right gary i never would have thought a innocent peice of info would do so much damage

cheers williamsrk. please pass my letter on to anybody you know involved in the sport. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

is this issue posted to the Eastern europe brigade?

LADS YE SHOULDNT EAT THEM .......:DCHUCK EM BACK;)

seanie500 wrote: »
    is this issue posted to the Eastern europe brigade?

LADS YE SHOULDNT EAT THEM .......:DCHUCK EM BACK;)

its aimed at all poachers and hopefully it will make a few more anglers realise how serious the problem is

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Some friends went to Foxford for a few days fishing.
    They used a local guy - Harry Feeney.
    He had all the gear and took them on the River Moy.
    He also has the Foxford Lodge B&B.
    They said they would go back next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leahy-angler

does any one know a decent place for pike,tench,roach and perch in the dublin region,not that far(i dont drive)
    ive tried blessington and found it wasnt the best.i thouth it might have been because of the fact that it was built over the old blessington town and maybe the fish are hidding in the abandond building

so any ideas on other dublin locations give us a shout
    cheers,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

does any one know a decent place for pike,tench,roach and perch in the dublin region,not that far(i dont drive)

Take a look at the Eastern regional Fishery Board website : http://www.fishingireland.net/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The canals are probably your best bet. The grand canal around portobello/dublin 8 seems to be a popular spot, I've seen people out often enough and there's spots marked out for comps etc, although I've never tried it myself. You could probably get some better info by checking out some of the clubs (portobello angling being one), or popping into some of the tackle shops around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 canadian 222

Some friends went to Foxford for a few days fishing.
    They used a local guy - Harry Feeney.
    He had all the gear and took them on the River Moy.
    He also has the Foxford Lodge B&B.
    They said they would go back next year.
    hi salthillguy,i live beside the bridge on the moy not far from harry,if your up this way again,and want to go trout,or pike fishing ihave boats on various lakes around foxford,..kenny.

Advertisement