Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magick Macabre

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey, I won two tickets to magick macabre in the olympia this weekend - i was wondering can anyone tell me if it's meant to be really gruesome or scary? the trailer for it looks a bit melodramatic and I'm not sure if it would really be that bad....but i do scare easy....opinion pleeease!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I'm going tomorrow evening so if you've been let me know what you thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aimsir_te

fairly poor stuff unfortunately....saw it on Friday night and was contemplating leaving at the interval

Actually thought they had a cheek to charge 30 odd euro for it. I was waiting for him to pull a rabbit out of a hat by the end of it. Set and lighting were very good, that was it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pris

There was a preview of it on the Late Late a few weeks back, it looked dire. I was pretty surprised that it's done by the Riverdance production team. I am aware that Riverdance isn't the cultural pinnacle of our age but it is far superior to that rabbit-in-a-hat-scary-magic tripe. It looked cheap and shoddy, bad move on the part of the producers and investors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bullbars

well,

did you go and was it worth going to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 breitling

i was at it last nite TUES and thought it was brilliant. interesting reading your comments. 4 of us went from work and loved it. suppose its a good thing that you either hate or love! so different.

Or you work there, whichever is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My boyfriend wants to go and see this. I've been checking out reviews on the Olympia website and they're extremely mixed! It seems people either absolutely love it or think it's utter ****e. No inbetween! I'm not too pushed but might just go along to keep him happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Went to see this last night and thought it was utterly boring.

Unfortunately the guy in the office told us about the "volunteer" in the audience, as we were sitting right beside them.

Some of the "magic" was very unbelievable and in fact looked very crap.

Overall I would only say go if you have a free ticket or if you have nothing better to do - but in hindsight I wouldnt have bothered going.

Sounds harsh, but meh such is life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

We went on Monday night and were sitting in the 3rd row. For me this was a pain because there were 2 tricks that were completely ruined as I could clearly see what was going on. I reckon a bit more practice and they should be ok.

Overall enjoyed it as it was something different.

The talk of them going to Vegas with the show and Wes Craven writing the story for the vegas show sorta scares the pants off me if they don't get the show nailed down before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I went during the week. I thought it was brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

went on friday night and found it quite poor to be honest.

Well, anyone else been to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Sorry guys - No discussions about M C D events.

Discussion closed.

V.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement