Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Advice???

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Ok, I know i am prob posting in the wrong place here, but i am looking for advice on buying my fiance a guitar for his bday. He has a really expensive one in the states in storage, but i know he is missing having something to jam on/ just to destress...
    So with his bday in Dec and the Xmas is 2 weeks later, I am getting him a expensive xmas gift so looking to pick up a guitar for about 100 euro mainly cos he has a expensive one at home so don't want to go crazy spending a fortune on a guitar too.
    I dont know too much about Guitars have been recomended these two so let me know which one ya's think is the best...
    Thanks guys!!!!

http://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_f310_tbs_westerngitarre.htm

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_v50njpnt_jam_pack.htm

:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If you know, why did you post it in AH? Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

Karoma wrote: »
    If you know, why did you post it in AH? Moved.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

buying a cheap guitar is a waste of money and if he played(s) the one in storage a cheap one would be just annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

buying a cheap guitar is a waste of money and if he played(s) the one in storage a cheap one would be just annoying

Well he had mentioned that he wanted to pick up one for about 100 euro just to play since he didnt want to ship his one over incase it got damaged in the move.(plus he would just have to ship it back in a year/2's time/ So rather than have him spend his money on it I though maybe I will just get him one and save him the euros... (Esp since we are saving for a wedding next year). I was suggested either of the two in the links above by a friend.
    Any prefrences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if i was away from my guitar for a while i wudnt mind sometihng around justto noodle on

theres lots fo cheap ones in town too for prob the same price

sure im going away for 2 weeks and bringing a travel guitar!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's hard to advise anyone on what a good 100 euro guitar is TBH.
    Mainly because there isn't one. But as al says, any old thing is better to noodle on than no guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Could you pay to get his guitar shipped over here? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭felim

If you want a recommendation between the two you posted, I would go with the Yamaha. I had an FG30LTD a few years back and it was a fairly nice guitar for an entry level model.

If the prezzie is not meant to be a surprise, try get him into some shops and try a few out himself, see which one he prefers.

Advertisement