Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-tastic Halloween costumes!!

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

So anyone goin as any game characters this year?

I was a whopper lookin Chris Redfield last year, but hardly anyone knew who I was supposed to be

So this year I'm goin as SCORPION [oh yeahhhhhh] from MK

So hopefully more people know who I am :P

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How did you do the scorpion outfit? I'd love to do something similar. Need some sort of halloween costume idea myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Im makin it from scratch

Dont rob me idea!!! Ill hafta stab ye in the throat with a giant spear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The ever popular, Mario! (Went as him last year and the year before, was going to drop it this year but my luigi is back from arasmus!)

410498898a2431619479b1984042l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYE

If I had materials and... be arsed
    Id be this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I went as a damn good mario last year but yet again got snubbed for best dressed at the christmas party :(

I won't say what I'm going as this year, it's embarassing but my reasons are noble and I deserve a medal for my endeavors.

• Advertisement

I'd probably go down the Sub Zero route. Would have to have an epic street battle if we happen to run into each other.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I won't say what I'm going as this year, it's embarassing but my reasons are noble and I deserve a medal for my endeavors.
    Ah you have to tell us now :p

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd probably go down the Sub Zero route. Would have to have an epic street battle if we happen to run into each other.
    Indeed

Ill tell ye to GET OVER HERE

And I'm an Irish Scorpion, so I'm immune to your freeze attacks, oh yeahhh

Sub zero would be cool. and U wont need a mask, cos you can have a whopper lookin scar. I'm sure ill eventually go as him

Im makin the mask, but ill have facepaint on like a skull for when i take it off
    Krieg u need to add the Embed code for Youtube vids to show here

Yeah ye hafta tell us, its the law!

Ye goin as Lara Croft :P

I was actually thinkin of designin a Male version called Larry Croft, but it'd just be a steve irwin outfit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

wonder does it have anything to do with another half? There has to be a reason he's to embarased to tell us! I bet its Rosie and Jim or something :pac:

A horse, and you're the arse! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

unreggd wrote: »
    Yeah ye hafta tell us, its the law!

Ye goin as Lara Croft :P

I was actually thinkin of designin a Male version called Larry Croft, but it'd just be a steve irwin outfit :P

I did lara croft before. Bloody disaster. I looked more like Ozzy Osbourne. Everyone kept asking me why I was dressed as Ozzy Osbourne with tits, cut off khakis and guns.

Anyway I'll tell.

Japanese schoolgirl this year but only on the provision that one of my friends goes as well. A very small price to pay for getting that hottie into a japanese school uniform. I'm expecting drinks and high fives from all the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Japanese schoolgirl this year but only on the provision that one of my friends goes as well. A very small price to pay for getting that hottie into a japanese school uniform. I'm expecting drinks and high fives from all the lads.

Male or female friend?:p

I might go as Nate from Uncharted this year... A grubby long sleeve T shouldn't be all that hard to whip up

Go as Gogo Yubari!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I went as the blue team pyro from team fortress 2 last year. Was at the boards beers and walked in with my flamethrower full of drink (2, 3 litre bottles on back and a 2 litre bottle strapped to my gun) had a window wiper tube running from the bottles on my back to my gas mask so I could drink all night without removing the mask.

Made one mistake.

The suction/pressure of the tube and the necessity to hold the tube in my mouth all night resulted in a constant movement of liquid...meaning I couldnt stop drinking no matter what all night. So got fairly hammered pretty rapidly.

This year I was considering a Dr Robotnik outfit, I have the right build for it (fat) and the goggles, but on such short notice it would be impossible to get the right red jacket for it (the rest is simple black cotten tracksuit pants extra large pulled all the way up and taped to my runners for the base. homemade moustache of power.

I also considered MR Monopoly and a pac man ghost. But I have a new plan that depending on my ability to find things over the weekend I should have something for the night. but sadly wont be game related...

Go as Gogo Yubari!!

Wouldn't dare. Once I started trying my best and failing at breakdancing there would be a probability of spiky ball related injuries.

And tman, female, thank you very much :P

Que the inevitable 'pics or GTFO!' from someone typing with plum in hand.

Que the inevitable 'pics or GTFO!' from someone typing with plum in hand.

well im eatin an apple so thats close enough

so...

PICS OR GTFO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'm going as Princess Peach. Making the crown out of shiny gold cardboard and sticking on gems that I'm taking off Penneys bought jewellery. Going to have a little toad in my handbag. Wearing a victorian style shirt under a princess dress to get the correct collar.

Wear a Burger King crown! That'd be animal! :D

K, need advice

Which Scoprion mask should I make?

A or B?

scorpionmaskia6.jpg

I like A, its the new Scorpion from MK vs DC

But I think the other is more identifiable

Ill be makin it custom fit, gna make a plaster mould of my face tmoro then mould the mask over that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

unreggd, you're leaving it a bit late aren't you?! Fair play if you get it done. I'd go with the classic myself.

What u mean late?

The rest is done, just hafta make the mask, will take a few hours so it'll be done today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

To whoever said Nathan Drake..

...yoink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Wear a Burger King crown! That'd be animal! :D

K, need advice

Which Scoprion mask should I make?

A or B?

scorpionmaskia6.jpg

I like A, its the new Scorpion from MK vs DC

But I think the other is more identifiable

Ill be makin it custom fit, gna make a plaster mould of my face tmoro then mould the mask over that :P

Id go with A it looks alot better

qz wrote: »
    To whoever said Nathan Drake..

...yoink.
    Should be good, but tenner bets everyone will think ur just a crap Indy
    Damn uneducated people!

Yeah, i kinda wanna go with A, cos thats the version im mainly basin the cosi on

And my sis said good luck makin it sarcasticly so kinda wanna make it whopper and rub it in her face :P

Gots all me supplies in Easons today

I was thinkin of how I'm gna stick it to my face, but thats sorted, got some velcro strips

so ill put them on the mask and the balaclava and tadaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Should be good, but tenner bets everyone will think ur just a crap Indy
    Damn uneducated people!

Yeah, i kinda wanna go with A, cos thats the version im mainly basin the cosi on

And my sis said good luck makin it sarcasticly so kinda wanna make it whopper and rub it in her face :P

Gots all me supplies in Easons today

I was thinkin of how I'm gna stick it to my face, but thats sorted, got some velcro strips

so ill put them on the mask and the balaclava and tadaaa

'A' kinda looks like you're being mouth-raped by an anorexic facehugger.

Indeed

But an evil hellspawned mega ninja wouldnt care :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I thought a Pac Man Ghost like Blitz suggested would rock, so simple yet effective :D

A MK related toon cossie would be nice this year, i'd have gone with Sub-Zero or MAYBE Baraka...minus the bald head so thats probably out the window:( I bet if someone went as Shao Kahn from MK people might mistake it for a Lordi costume :P

In general games though, Cid from FF7, Raphael from Soul Calibur 2 or Koopa from Super Mario Bros would look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How cool are these?

big-daddy-halloween.jpg

samus-1.jpg

gordonfreeman_2.jpg

Woo, the crowbar!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Guy I know went as Gordon Freeman a couple of years ago. I hadn't realised before that but he's the image of him!

I like this one:

1153609443_5e4e2b7124.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Guy I know went as Gordon Freeman a couple of years ago. I hadn't realised before that but he's the image of him!

I like this one:

1153609443_5e4e2b7124.jpg

What the fook is that?!

Advertisement