Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about security if Obama loses

Options
  • 22-10-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

I presume the secret service will no longer be providing Obama's security should he lose the election?

Would his life be in danger from the right-wing nutjobs that would not like the thought of him running again?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't actually know. I would presume that they revert back to their normal senatorial status, which I believe in his case would result in security provided by the Illinois State Troopers or some similar State establishment.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's for 3 or 6 months after or something.

Any senator/congressperson is allowed to privately request SS protection at any time for any amount of time, IIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At that point nobody would be afraid enough of Obama to try and kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

As a US Senator he would still be assigned with a security detail. And im sure his personal security would be increased anyway.

Doesn't matter because hes going to win anyway, isnt he my American friends??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

axer wrote: »
    Would his life be in danger from the right-wing nutjobs that would not like the thought of him running again?
    Recruit the left-wing nutjobs for a system of checks and balances?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not really equivalent, is it? The right-wing nutjobs are likely to own machineguns, tanks, and artillery pieces. What do left-wing nut-jobs own to counter?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Not really equivalent, is it? The right-wing nutjobs are likely to own machineguns, tanks, and artillery pieces. What do left-wing nut-jobs own to counter?

NTM

Hammers and sickels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Otacon wrote: »
    Hammers and sickels?

BAM!!

Advertisement