Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank Holiday Sunday Dublin Clubbing

• 22-10-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Dublin is again one of the best city's to be in this coming Bank Holiday Sunday with so much on, so where is everyone going then?

I'm hoping to catch some of Nicky Holloway's set in 4 Dame Lane then quickly dash up to the Tivoli for Joey Negro the king of House, should be a great nite, and a special Smithfield Factory party afterwards where ill be playing a 2008 Funky/Soulful House set and later on play a rare mid 1990's Techno/Trance set:cool:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

^ sounds class!

I am only allowed go out on Friday, so it's Blue Nun in Wax for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Well I will be listening to the godfathers of techno who have never before graced our shores, Model 500 :eek: :D They are on at 10pm at the Village Stage, then on over to the Whelans Stage to catch the Moritz Von Oswald trio at 11.30pm - 12.30am. Finally, back over to the Village for the last 2 hours of Garnier. All in all, a busy night :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Im gonna be in Berlin this weekend. Pretty typical I would pick the one weekend to head over there when Dublin actually has better dance music on.

Anyway I'm gonna hit Teenage Bad Girl in Icon on Friday night. Saturday is a toss up between Ame in Watergate or Radioslave, Detman, Klock in Berghain.

Actually what am I saying Berlin does have better stuff on:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Well I will be listening to the godfathers of techno who have never before graced our shores, Model 500 :eek: :D They are on at 10pm at the Village Stage, then on over to the Whelans Stage to catch the Moritz Von Oswald trio at 11.30pm - 12.30am. Finally, back over to the Village for the last 2 hours of Garnier. All in all, a busy night :pac:

:eek:
    How much is that night costing you Felix? Anything more than 15 euro is a rip off surely! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Going to Stienski tonight and tomorrow. Playing in the globe on Sunday . undecided where to go after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Dubfire me thinks in the Cry-Pod on Sunday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

jonny68 wrote: »
    Dublin is again one of the best city's to be in this coming Bank Holiday Sunday with so much on, so where is everyone going then?

I'm hoping to catch some of Nicky Holloway's set in 4 Dame Lane then quickly dash up to the Tivoli for Joey Negro the king of House, should be a great nite, and a special Smithfield Factory party afterwards where ill be playing a 2008 Funky/Soulful House set and later on play a rare mid 1990's Techno/Trance set:cool:
    Sounds like a cracker of a nite,i think ill go for nicky asa its been 10 yrs since i heard him in ibiza.Would also be into hearing your mid 90s set in a warehouse atmosphere proper oldskool rave set up,fair play to ya.Is it invite only?Would love to bring the wife to something like that,she missed out on sides,olympic etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

I thought closing time on Sundays was 01.30am ????

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

will be in Sunny Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought closing time on Sundays was 01.30am ????

P

Not on bank holiday sundays.

• Advertisement

what is the official time now cause I remember J Digweed stopped at 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Legally 2.30.

Ireland needs to get a life but that won't happen I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cray92 wrote: »
    Sounds like a cracker of a nite,i think ill go for nicky asa its been 10 yrs since i heard him in ibiza.Would also be into hearing your mid 90s set in a warehouse atmosphere proper oldskool rave set up,fair play to ya.Is it invite only?Would love to bring the wife to something like that,she missed out on sides,olympic etc.

nah not invite only at all mate you can pay at the door 4 Dame Lane, and it's only a fiver before 11pm very good value for money.

Nicky Holloway pi**es all over most of these so called "superstar DJ's" on the scene today, he has played some legendary sets over the years and ran some legendary nites.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Luke vibert in about an hour!!! plays great sets! nuff said

Unfortunately i missed Nicky Holloway, did anyone from here go?

Joey Negro was absolutely superb,sublime mixing and tune selection, pi**es all over all of these so called superstar DJ's on the scene today and a sound geezer as well not every DJ will hang around after his set and chat to the crowd and have a laugh.

Funky & Disco House is what it's at, serious tune selection last nite, one of the best sets of the year.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Mate Joey Negro wishes he was a superstar DJ! "Make a move on me"-complete muck! Sure he's decent skills on the decks, but seriosuly thought that house music died out a while ago. Was it full?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The DEAF closing night was very good but a couple of downsides. Number 1, the Moritz Von Oswald Trio didn't show which was a shame, was really looking forward to hearing them - seemingly one of them was sick.

2nd, Model 500 were excellent but I felt the majority of the crowd were not that into them, probably not heavy enough for a packed out venue waiting for Garnier. They didn't get much of a cheer and zero encore really, sad to see :(

Garnier was excellent for what I heard anyway, I had to leave about 30 mins before it ended.

All in all, a good night.

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Mate Joey Negro wishes he was a superstar DJ! "Make a move on me"-complete muck! Sure he's decent skills on the decks, but seriosuly thought that house music died out a while ago. Was it full?

House music died out along time ago you cant actually be serious here mate, House Music is still tbe biggest genre of all dance music hands down, no it wasn't full and i wasn't expecting it to be with so much on the same nite but there was a very good crowd there and the atmosphere and music was brilliant.

The DEAF closing night was very good but a couple of downsides. Number 1, the Moritz Von Oswald Trio didn't show which was a shame, was really looking forward to hearing them - seemingly one of them was sick.

2nd, Model 500 were excellent but I felt the majority of the crowd were not that into them, probably not heavy enough for a packed out venue waiting for Garnier. They didn't get much of a cheer and zero encore really, sad to see :(

Garnier was excellent for what I heard anyway, I had to leave about 30 mins before it ended.

All in all, a good night.

shame Model 500 didn't get a good response it seems a lot of people just want "bang bang" thesedays,sound you'd a good nite anyway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Oshare Bones

Was at some sort of DEAF event on saturday night in the south william, crackin night. Ragin I missed infected mushroom on friday.

Any1 at Roman Flugel? Quality night -what a DJ!

jonny68 wrote: »
    House music died out along time ago you cant actually be serious here mate, House Music is still tbe biggest genre of all dance music hands down, no it wasn't full and i wasn't expecting it to be with so much on the same nite but there was a very good crowd there and the atmosphere and music was brilliant.

I meant the blend of house music he plays, though tbh, Ive never seen a live set of his. Was at Roman Flugel, who was playing to a room of maybe 100 people - disgraceful! Alter Ego are one of the biggest dance groups on the planet right now, there was way too much on on Sunday! Each man to their own anyway, as long as ya had a good one thats all that matters!

Advertisement