Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Questions

Options
  • 22-10-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok 2 simple questions, 1. how the hell do i go about changing my sulis/student email password, and 2. is there any way to get your public folders in outlook express 2007 when your outside of campus cause there not coming up for me. Seems simple but i dunno if its from being wreaked from study or what but i cant find the answer to either.

cheers lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Patricide wrote: »
    Ok 2 simple questions, 1. how the hell do i go about changing my sulis/student email password, and 2. is there any way to get your public folders in outlook express 2007 when your outside of campus cause there not coming up for me. Seems simple but i dunno if its from being wreaked from study or what but i cant find the answer to either.

cheers lads.

From a computer on campus e.g. the library or one of the multitude of other labs, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, in the window that pops up click the Change Password button and fill in the blank fields with the required information. This will change your password for logging into computers, email and Sulis (along with anything else that uses Active Directory for authentication).

As for the public folders.....I don't know and can't be arsed finding out at the moment, I'm sure ninty9er or someone has managed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Utterly amazed its a Laccy thats gonna solve this for ya before anyone else but hey, multi-talented course and all that.

1. There are computers in the library (Main Computer room on the ground floor) where you can swipe your UL ID and it'll reset your email password (Sulis included). Just ask at the itd reception there and they'll point you in the right direction.

2. To get into your email from off campus: Go to www.ul.ie > Current Students > Student Computing Services > Down in the bottom right corner there should be a link with "off-campus access to email" on it > Clicky and your right to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea i know you can get it through your actual web browser just wondering is there a way to get it in outlook express itself, If it cant be done im not too pushed cause i can still go to the page online.

As for the change password thing, I know you can change it on campus in the computer labs alright, was just wondering if it coulda been changed off campus. Once again no big deal just was really irritateing me that i couldnt find the change password command in sulis or my e mail. Now that i know there isnt one, i feel a bit more sane.

cson wrote: »
    Utterly amazed its a Laccy thats gonna solve this for ya before anyone else but hey, multi-talented course and all that.

Hmmm looks like I got there before you....a Laccy beaten by a hound what's the world coming to.
    cson wrote: »
    1. There are computers in the library (Main Computer room on the ground floor) where you can swipe your UL ID and it'll reset your email password (Sulis included). Just ask at the itd reception there and they'll point you in the right direction.

He wants to change his password not reset it back to what it already was, so no need to go swiping your card and resetting your profile. Just follow the steps I gave.
    Patricide wrote: »
    Yea i know you can get it through your actual web browser just wondering is there a way to get it in outlook express itself, If it cant be done im not too pushed cause i can still go to the page online.

Follow the instructions in this document: http://193.1.101.186/pdf/547175049.pdf

It'll show you how to configure Outlook Express (abomination of an application that it is) to get your UL email through POP & IMAP. This also includes Public Folders, as far as I can remember you should use IMAP to get at the public folders from OE from off campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The settings should be the same for MS Outlook as well no?

Just add a MS Exchange email account right?

Been a while since I set mine up last

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    The settings should be the same for MS Outlook as well no?

Just add a MS Exchange email account right?

Been a while since I set mine up last

Use IMAP/POP from Outlook too, afaik you need to be part of the UL domain to have an Exchange mailbox and since you don't want to join your personal machine to the domain you'll have to use IMAP/POP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Whoops :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

It seems the Laccy was eaten by the hounds in the end...

Advertisement