Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does such a thing exist in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

K so basically my friend came out to me as being bi recently. She is 21 and having a real tough time of it, she is real confused and stressed out and upset over the whole thing. Anyways she really wants people to relate to that are also bi that she can talk to. Am straight myself and I am 100% supportive of her and told her she can talk to me about anything but she wants to meet people in the same kind of coming to terms situation or with first hand experience. Anyways I was wondering are there any groups in Dublin or something similar she could go to and talk about how she is feeling and that and have people to relate to etc and if there is that ya know of would ya happen to know if they mind me tagging along the first time or two as she wouldn't be brave enough to go by herself to begin with.
    Anyways if ya know of anything like this let me know.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

There's a couple of groups she might be interested in.

'Ladybirds' is for gay and bi women under 23 and AFAIK, they meet on Thursdays in outhouse on Capel Street. You probably would be welcome to go along with her as well but you might need to double check first, because I'm not 100% sure.

There is a bi-irish yahoo group as well, and a bi group that meets in outhouse, but I don't know details for it.

What you or her could do is pick up a copy of GCN from the George or Dragon etc and check out the listings in it of what is on where and when in Dublin. It gives details of pretty much all the groups that meet. Or even check out the gcn website for info.

Or if you want to PM me or get her to do so, I'm willing to talk to her. I'm 23 and bi and know first hand just how confusing it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

BelongTo, a youth group for gay / lesbian / bi people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Here_Young_Wan

Thanks loads for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Also www.outhouse.ie. They have a bi group, that meet in the cafe once a month, and THursday is women's night, if she is interested, which is where women just come along to meet others in the same boat, and chat. It is quite informal, but enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I'm 22 and bi, if you want to give her my msn addy, shoot me a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

Hiya

You'd be more than welcome to come along to ladybirds and womens night with your friend, once you're totally comfortable being in a room of gay women lol :) We don't discriminate against straight people! Ladybirds is nice cos its a smaller group (roughly between 5 and 10 young women each week) and we're all under 24 so its easier to relate.

Ladies night is fantastic craic and very very friendly and is open to women of all ages.

Coming to both might be a worrying experience, at times it seems like we all know each other but we're very welcoming and friendly to new people :) the groups are always growing.

Hope to see ya there :)

Wendy

Ladybirds: 6pm to 8pm every Thursday OUThouse
    Ladies Night: 6pm to 10pm every Thursday OUThouse

http://www.belongto.org

http://www.outhouse.ie

Advertisement