Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zanussi Appliance

• 23-10-2008 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Bought 3 years ago oven, fridge, washing machine drier, ... all electrolux zanussi (total of 2200) and since I had to repair the fridge once and change the fridge (zanussi gave 50% discount still 250euro), washing machine had to be repaired (onboard computer to be replaced) and dish washer same thing.
    DID told me to spend more money on electrolux than whirlpool because more reliable.
    When they tell you it is under guarantee, only a few parts are. The dishwasher door is cracking and I asked to be replaced because it looks like it is cracking from bad material than cant handle the heat and the guy said not under guarantee. He tells me just the motor and computer is under guarantee.

Anyway the tip I have is dont believe DID and dont buy Zanussi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just for balance, I've had a Zanussi fridge, dishwasher, washer/dryer and washing machine in the past 10 years and apart from the washer/dryer needing a replacement bearing (fair wear and tear, imo), none have ever given a moments bother. I gave the fridge away recently due to an upgrade and it's still going strong.

Reliability is reputation earned but is no guarantee against faults or a 'Monday morning' appliance. But I do reckon you've been a lot more unfortunate than most with the number of faults you've had to date.

Have you approached the manufacturer about all your problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

i bought a zanussi fridge freezer in may 2007 and hasnt right since , fridge is ok , freezer is knackered

had zanuzzi out 2 times to try fix it and they said it cant

now the first time it was under warranty , second time it was under the service mans 6 month work garauntee

still waiting to find out what their gonna do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

Do you mind me asking did they ask for a receipt when they called out to prove date of purchase (we didn't register ours)?

Advertisement