Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park and Ride

• 23-10-2008 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Baby4 wrote: »

Waterford would be big enough for a park and ride populationwise, but I am not sure how it would fare with the population density coming to work in the city, what I mean is where would you locate a park facility to capture the most communters to support a service,
    as to who would run it, that would be a decision the council would make, and no a licence from Bus Eireann would not be required, any contractor with the correct licence and insurance would be available to put in for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

we need a luas full stop.The city centre is offically dead even looking at the amount of people in tk max this morn considering the rain.Park and ride is fine but i suppose with those two fienna fail dopes we have in the city the best we can hope for is a kiddies train or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I dont think it would work they tried something similar in the college a few years ago and it was a disaster of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

decies wrote: »
    we need a luas full stop.The city centre is offically dead even looking at the amount of people in tk max this morn considering the rain.Park and ride is fine but i suppose with those two fienna fail dopes we have in the city the best we can hope for is a kiddies train or something :rolleyes:

There's no room to accomodate a "luas" in Waterford - some roads are narrow as they are already on their own. I'd to see someones plans of it though - would be interesting - but would never work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

what about an above ground transit system like new york??? the train is up off the ground so no impact to trafic or roads??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

monorail monorail monorail

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

robtri wrote: »
    what about an above ground transit system like new york??? the train is up off the ground so no impact to trafic or roads??

God I love fairytales

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I think Waterford needs to work on gettin the busses regular before we start throwin trams around, k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

KingLoser wrote: »
    I think Waterford needs to work on gettin the busses regular before we start throwin trams around, k?

and maybe something in the city centre worth going travelling in there for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

KingLoser wrote: »

+1
    I'd much rather have a more sufficient bus service that actually keeps to the timetable instead of messing around with our roads for god knows how long to stick a Luas on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

the taxi men would lose out in alot of business if a park and ride system is introduced

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the taxi men would lose out in alot of business if a park and ride system is introduced

I'm sure they've have a protest over it too, its hard to make money these days don't you know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Whats the point when the council seem intent on destroying the city centre anyway?

Their policies have already set it on the slippery slope towards endless pound shops. Contrast with Galway to see what COULD be done, if the City Council knew what they were doing in terms of transport, traffic management, planning, etc etc.

A.

Advertisement