Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do NTL take to set up a new line / account?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 8:49am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm moving into a new apartment. They are brand new apartments, only just built, in the Sandyford/Dundrum area.

I want to get NTL - tv and broadband - I'm wondering how long they take to set up an account. I move in next weekend.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is there an NTL box in the apt?

If there is, a few days max; for me, I rang on a Friday and they came out the next Wednesday.

Don't know if it's the same if there isn't an existing box in the apt however.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. It's a brand new apartment block so I'm sure it is wired up already...

I'd recommend picking up a new wifi router instead of the netgear one NTL offer btw.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I already have a linksys wireless router. Also have one of the old ntl modems.

Which one is it that they give you?

Some crappy white netgear wifi router. Dont know the model number off hand.

Linksys will be perfect :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Zascar wrote: »
    I already have a linksys wireless router. Also have one of the old ntl modems.

Which one is it that they give you?
    Its a free netgear WGR614 with the 20Mb package

I'm only going for the 10mb, what do you get with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm only going for the 10mb, what do you get with that?
    Nothing comes with the 10Mb package only the option to have the netgear WGR614 installed for 50 quid.

Advertisement