Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who are the worst drivers on Irish Roads?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 9:24am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you were to put all drivers on Irish roads into a group, who would you think are the worst group of drivers out there?

Women? BMW Drivers? Old People? Boy Racers? Foreign Nationals?

My vote has to go to one of the few groups who drive as their profession - yes, the Taxi Drivers. I spend a lot of time on the roads in both a car and on a motorbike, and I take taxi's quite regularly too. It really amazes me how when I see some bad driving on the roads, a massively disproportionate amount of time it is a taxi driver. You'd expect them to be far better than the average...

The things that I see them doing most have to be:

- Even though they have the bus lane as their own lane most of the time, they choose to straddle both lanes so traffic in the inside lane cannot get past.
    - They think hazard lights are 'stop anywhere lights' and think nothing of blocking traffic behind to pick up a fair, instead of finding an appropriate place to pull in.
    - Edging forward at a red light, going over the line and often breaking the light in advance of the green, only to travel at 15-20mph for 500 metres. Just wait until the light goes green and accelerate as normal for Gods sake!
    - Not being courteous, not indicating, bad roundabout procedure.... the list goes on.

So rant over. Do you agree, or what other group do you think are the worse drives on the roads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Albanian women drivers, aged between 35 and 45, under 5 foot, particularly from the town of Kerchuk in the southwest province of Shamalam, every time I see them they're tearing up the roads with no respect for the rest of us....for shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Yeah!!! more generalisations!! I think that the worst drivers are people that use their front fog lights, pople that stay in the overtaking lane on a motorway and SUV drivers. Did I forget anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

The two worst groups are MO reg. diesel Jetta drivers wearing flat caps and nuns in Micras.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Definitely spiders and visigoths.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

IRISH DRIVERS ON ROUNDABOUTS + NEVER INDICATING :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Oh don't start on taxi drivers, its stupid how crap at driving a lot of them are...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Make the thread a poll instead.

I prefer the non-indicators to the wrong-indicators.

People who indicate left but turn right are bloody dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Damn those visigoths and their crazy road antics. They're almost as bad as the vandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I have to agree with the OP here. Surely you'd expect someone who's business it is to drive to be better than the average. Unfortunatedly it seems to be the other way around...

I can also think of a few other groups such as the aforementioned BMW drivers, but first prize has to go to:

black women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

YAWN.jpg

T-Maxx wrote: »
    first prize has to go to black women

lockdance6hs.gif

The old woman last night. Waiting to access rounadbout with no lights on and couldnt decide when to go. Kept inching forward, so did I. She then decided she was too far out and wanted to come back so tried to reverse. I was going nowehere, there was a pelican crossing behind me.

I thought she was going to burst. She was actually jumping up and down in the drivers seat pulling at her hair. I gave her a toot of the horn and my GF had to stop me because she felt the poor dear was going to slump over the wheel.

LOL @ Stupid Old Women who cannot drive.

Oh yeah, who are the worst drivers?

Weekend Drivers on National Routes

T-Maxx wrote: »

black women

oh no you didnt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Oh yes he did, imagine that in this crazy PC world, I have to say from my experience he's not a million miles off the mark.

Peasant clearly hasn't logged on yet this morning.

Wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Agreed, also Women/Foreign Drivers/ Over 50's .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I think everyone needs to chill and realise half the problem with bad driving is a lack of patience and the other half is a lack of courtesy to other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Easy, white van drivers....

Every bloody one thinks it's ok to tailgate at motorway speeds. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Drivers who complain about other drivers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I spend years at the wheel of a white van and was courtesy itself!

The worst drivers are found in the wesht and tend to be of the flat cap wearing fraternity - you can never quite be sure if they have even seen you, never mind stuff like lane disipline. indicators, lights, and the ability to park a car.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Tipperary Drivers, particularly those between Tipperary Town and Limerick. They generally don't drive faster than 60km/h and at night they never use their main beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Anyone who has not driven outside of Ireland and/or never had professional driving lessons.

On the way back to the office I braked before indicating because I was concentrating on remembering to get something from the office cabinet.

That would make me a bad driver by most standards on this forum.

Good & Bad Drivers are:

As good as your last manouver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'm a FAR superior driver to all you peasant's on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Anyone who has not driven outside of Ireland and/or never had professional driving lessons.
    Which covers pretty much 90% of the driving population, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Alun wrote: »
    Which covers pretty much 90% of the driving population, I guess.

Which explains why driving standards here are so appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Albanian women drivers, aged between 35 and 45, under 5 foot, particularly from the town of Kerchuk in the southwest province of Shamalam, every time I see them they're tearing up the roads with no respect for the rest of us....for shame!

Are you daft or just pretending

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

craichoe wrote: »
    I think everyone needs to chill and realise half the problem with bad driving is a lack of patience and the other half is a lack of courtesy to other drivers.

+1 +the ones using fog lights by default

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

:rolleyes: @ regedit

Advertisement