Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Parkour?

• 23-10-2008 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey guys I've been looking all over boards for a TCD Parkour related thread...so far nothing. And as far as I'm aware there's no club/soc.

So is anybody around here from Trinity and practice a bit of parkour? I've not been able to get to the city much so I'd be real up for a jam with anybody that's interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Hey Conor, I used be in Trinity and used to do a little Parkour, its kickass stuff.

To the best of my knowledge there's no club or soc for it. We had a similar situation with Capoeira when I was there, so we set one up through the CSC and it's now going strong :D

You may have problems practicing from security on quite practical insurance grounds, Trinity would be quite leery of possible lawsuits, both from you and from bypassers. I'm saying this because we had a *lot* of trouble initially from bemused security doing nothing more dangerous than a few cartwheels on the grass, so security seeing someone doing a jump off any benches or steps will get freaked out pretty quick imo. ;)

My advice would be to think about getting provisional recognition as a soc or club asap, as you'll find it much easier to practice than as 'ninjas' on the run. Try and link up with the societies who are closest in nature to Parkour, my 2c would be check the Capoeira guys and the jugglers, as both are quite into acrobatics and performance, you could well find some fellow souls.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about recognition etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Ye theres a whole orginazation of us who train parkour all over ireland i myself am in every saturday around the city centre.

The website is www.pkire.com

all info is there and you'l be more then welcome

ive been training since july 2008 it suits me down to the ground theres no constant commitment or pressure for you to get good you can improve in your own time.

so hopefully this helped you in some way and i might bump into you in the future

Advertisement