Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project Officer Campaign Posters

• 23-10-2008 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

What is with the campaign posters for the Project Officer elections?

This guy "Fish" has taken it so seriously that he used his nickname on them, and a fine touch of 6th class grammer; It should read "Vote for Fish: It would be rude not to." NOT; "Vote for Fish: It would be rude not too." Obviously he's one of these "for the craic" guys

And some other guy has decided to use imagery that in my book is fairly inappropriate. I'd love to actually have a proper debate about the issues facing a Project Officer with these guys. But it would be a waste of time because these elections are a case of who brings the most pals along

it's a serious downfall in CIT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

techie666 wrote: »
    What is with the campaign posters for the Project Officer elections?

This guy "Fish" has taken it so seriously that he used his nickname on them, and a fine touch of 6th class grammer; It should read "Vote for Fish: It would be rude not to." NOT; "Vote for Fish: It would be rude not too." Obviously he's one of these "for the craic" guys

And some other guy has decided to use imagery that in my book is fairly inappropriate. I'd love to actually have a proper debate about the issues facing a Project Officer with these guys. But it would be a waste of time because these elections are a case of who brings the most pals along

it's a serious downfall in CIT

perhaps a bit harsh, but a very fair point. it is really amateur to see nicknames used, combined with gramatical errors, on campaign posters.

your point about the elections being a bit of a joke is fair enough too. a lot of the time it is a case of who brings their buddies along. proper debates etc don't really take place in this college.

as for the candidates themselves, well I don't know any of them so I can't comment. but I might pop along to the general meeting today and see what they have to say for themselves. hopefully they'll do themselves justice and won't talk a load of boll*x and try to win everyone over with cheesy jokes and the kind of comments you'd expect from a first year who has been in college 6 weeks and attends a good 3 lectures a week...

i'd like to take this opportunity to wish the best of luck to all candidates of course. always good to see a good head get into these positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I never really gave a crap about any of these elections. They always just seem to be a popularity contest rather than being about the issues at hand.

They might put "No Fees" or "More Parking spaces" on their posters but they never really say how they are going to achieve these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement