Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin

• 23-10-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Decided to create a new thread for this one...

Heading over to Berlin for a week on Saturday... never been there before.

Mad to check out a few of the best clubs, and hopefully catch some decent djs, but don't know where to start.

One of the lads mentioned Watergate and Icon. Anywhere else worth having a look? Is Tresor a good spot? (Did Sven Vath run that before or am I imagining..)

Also, do i need to bring shoes and sh!t... (complete pain in the @ss) i.e. am i running the risk or getting stopped if i go out in jeans, runners, tshirt?

any info would be appreciated..
    nice one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Berlin is an amazing city to party in, I was there for a week about a month ago, its a big city and things are spread out a bit but there are loads of amazing clubs and great DJ's playing almost every night of the week..

There is a 'Free' Berlin Club-Guide paper you can pick up at any Train station so that should be your first port of call..

Check this place out..... (good site too for Berlin clubbing btw)
    Panorama-Bar

Saw Sasse play there he was amazing...

Have a good one ;)

HJ-

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭brianc27

Phibsd7 wrote: »
    Decided to create a new thread for this one...

Heading over to Berlin for a week on Saturday... never been there before.

Mad to check out a few of the best clubs, and hopefully catch some decent djs, but don't know where to start.

One of the lads mentioned Watergate and Icon. Anywhere else worth having a look? Is Tresor a good spot? (Did Sven Vath run that before or am I imagining..)

Also, do i need to bring shoes and sh!t... (complete pain in the @ss) i.e. am i running the risk or getting stopped if i go out in jeans, runners, tshirt?

any info would be appreciated..
    nice one

Tresor was never owned by vath, vath is from frankfurt 100's of miles away from berlin, he owns cocoon

watergates alright, thought it was full of spas myself, had a good buzz there though, its pretty small, and can be tough to get into (berlin doormen are very picky).

Tresors very good, especially the basement room, its a bit of a tourist trap but always has a decent line up, crowd can be a bit messy compared to the other clubs in Berlin, nothing to worry about though.

Berghain is the best club in the world, the panorama bar is in the same place, its in an old east german power plant, originally a gay club and still is, so if your anyway homophobic then you wont like it, from what ive seen its 50:50 ratio of gays and straight people, pretty much anything goes in there, open sex, naked people, completely off the wall, music is top notch aswell, perfect setting for a club, queues to get in are massive though and the doormen can be very picky.

thats another thing to watch out for, bar Tresor at most of the other top berlin clubs the doormen can be pretty picky, they dont really want people going unless their there for the music, it will help alot if you know whos playing on the night your going and if theres alot of lads dont walk up in a big group. From my experiance if tehy know your there for the music and to dance then you should have no problem, also the likes of watergate ane berghain do not allow you to bring in cameras.

as regards wearing shoes, i wouldnt bother, the clubs are for dancing, so wear the appropriate gear, like youd look a bit strange in any of the clubs in a shirt and shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

U never know where u will end up in Berlin...

Advertisement