Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alfies on Lombard St

• 23-10-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Notice this is getting a new paint job, Anyone know whats going in there.
    Is it opening as a pub again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Waynecarr wrote: »
    Notice this is getting a new paint job, Anyone know whats going in there.
    Is it opening as a pub again

Let's hope so. Between Alfie's and the eyesore that is Bill Martin's, the place could do with some life again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

gscully wrote: »
    Let's hope so. Between Alfie's and the eyesore that is Bill Martin's, the place could do with some life again!

i heard a rumor that Paul Flynns might be opening back up aswell.. dont know if their is any truth in that though so dont quote me.. kinda miss that place since the fire.. had many a good gig in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

heard the same thing about Paul Flynns again actually. Many a fond memory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I believe Alfies is now owned by the Tower Hotel, so maybe something is in the pipeline there.

Also, Paul Flynn's is looking to be leased again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The entire block where Alfies is, is owned by the Tower Hotel since 2005. They have also acquired the buildings along the side of the Tower (where Book-a-room used to be). Obviously there were plans for these buildings, but in the uncertainty of the economy, chances are that they will remain idle for quite some time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement