Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning question (not a resource request!)

Options
  • 23-10-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Alright lads,

I started learning the guitar a couple of months ago. Progress has been slow because I have not been motivated and I have been busy. So effectively I'm still new to it. I'm happy to take my time with it at the moment as I have plenty of extracurricular activites outside of it for it to be my main hobby.

I was just wondering what the story is with learning to play blues. It's by far my favourite genre. I have been learning the scales and chords and the blues scales etc.

My question is how much skill is required to play most blues songs. Obviously the artists I hear playing them are all highly skilled.

Anybody who has listened to or owns Showtime by Ry Cooder might be able to help. The acoustic version of 'Jesus On The Mainline' is probably the song I'd like to play most.

Advertisement