Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack of Speed EP Release & Launch Gig

Options
  • 23-10-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭

jackofspeedpostermedrh7.jpg

My band, Jack of Speed will be releasing our debut EP 'Take Your Pick' on Saturday, November 8th. You can currently listen to 2 of the songs from the EP on our myspace, with the remaining 3 songs to follow the week before the release. They will then be available for download the week after the release.

We're having a launch gig for the EP in the Boom Boom Room on O'Connell street on Saturday, November 8th. It will be €6 at the door or €10 with a copy of the CD. They include your very own Jack of Speed plectrum and are well worth the extra €4. Support on the night will be from Tigris and Von Bizmark. Doors are at 9 and it should be a great night. We'd love to see as many people as possible there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

Cool, sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

Any chance of coming to England?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

richiejg wrote: »
    Any chance of coming to England?

We'd love to, but we haven't managed to gig outside of Dublin yet so I think getting to England is a long way off.

Just found out our EP was made demo of the week on Phantom FM's Irish music show Icon for last week. Thanks a million phantom!! Unfortunately none of us managed to hear it so if anybody did and manages to remember what they said about us, feel free to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Great tunes lads

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Very good music! Good luck with the gig and CD.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd let people know...

The entire EP is now streaming from our myspace ahead of the release next Saturday.

Myspace seems to be fúcked these days, but if anybody's interested you can download the entire EP + artwork from here.

xmas.jpg

Just look at that kid. He couldn't be happier.

Just thought I'd let people know the EP will be featured in Hotpress first cuts sections as pick of the fortnight on January 15th, you may hear a few more songs from it played on the radio.

We'll be heading back into the studio next month to record our next EP too.

We're heading back into the studio next week to record our next EP. We're recording 6-7 tracks with most likely 5 to end up on the finished product. Have to find a new drummer unfortunately before launching it properly.

That will be one of the songs on the new EP (not amazing quality + not entirely the finished song either). It doesn't have a name yet, nor does the EP. Feel free to throw out any suggestions for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Been following you guys for a while now, you guys are a rarity in Dublin....catchy hooks and real talent.

Keep it up,

All the best

Advertisement