Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tux shirt and bow tie?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a (very) cheap shirt for a tux. I also need a black bow tie (not the clip on type). They're for a fancy dress party, so I don't want to spend much at all on them. I think I remember seeing an advert in The Post a few months ago that Guiney's had these shirts. Do they still have them? Do they have bow ties?

Thanks

Rosboy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure what the story is with Guineys but I'm sure places like Penny's and Heaton's do things like shirts and bow ties at reasonable prices. I'd try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

Two days ago some was was available at Lidl. Cheap as usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Penneys in town had the shirts and bowties for either €9 or €11 a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Penneys in town had the shirts and bowties for either €9 or €11 a few weeks ago.

Sounds perfect. I'm assuming they were the clip on bow ties? Even at €9 or €11 that's great value for the shirt anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

They were actually the proper ones, worth buying for the bowtie alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement