Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 2009

• 23-10-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

does anyone think that this game is just far to easy and just seems to be lacking something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

In a word: no

I love the gameplay. The only minor fault I'd have with it, is that getting on the end of crossing it very difficult.

I'm playing on legendary as Sunderland and the game seems suitably difficult. I'm only around 6th or so. I find it difficult to win home matches, (Played 9, Won: 1, Drawn: 7, Lost: 1) but my record is the exact opposite away from home. Not sure why....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'm playing on legendary as Sunderland and the game seems suitably difficult. I'm only around 6th or so. I find it difficult to win home matches, (Played 9, Won: 1, Drawn: 7, Lost: 1) but my record is the exact opposite away from home. Not sure why....

Funny you should say that, i'm playing as Bayern Munich in manager mode. My home record is similar to yours. I'm finding it easier to win away games too.....

Have you scored any sweet goals yet that you've uploaded?

Funny you should say that, i'm playing as Bayern Munich in manager mode. My home record is similar to yours. I'm finding it easier to win away games too.....

Have you scored any sweet goals yet that you've uploaded?

Its very strange alright, the only team I have beaten at home is Liverpool. I think I'm going to try to play on the counter at home from now on. Most goals come from low precision crosses which are delivered right to the strikers feet. Can't really do much to cut it out, I find.

I've uploaded a couple of goals, but I can't remember uploading anything too special. One of my best goals came last night. A backheel from Dimitar Berbatov, it looked really spectacular....Couldn't see the replay as it came during an online game :(

I never got to save the Aguero bicycle kick either which looked unreal, as it came in only my 3rd or 4th game, never thought of saving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i dont know. im playing on legendary with totetnham hotspurs and in 3 seasons of manager mode i have won fa cup and champions league and im nearley there with the league now. it just seems that the through ball when timed is just a cheat for scoring goals to be honest. it been three weeks now and im just bored of it.

stevoman wrote: »
    i dont know. im playing on legendary with totetnham hotspurs and in 3 seasons of manager mode i have won fa cup and champions league and im nearley there with the league now. it just seems that the through ball when timed is just a cheat for scoring goals to be honest. it been three weeks now and im just bored of it.

Do you have passing and stuff on assisted or manual?

I found it too easy on assisted, now i have it on semi for some, manual for others, it's a lot more satisfying, but harder to get used to
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I never got to save the Aguero bicycle kick either which looked unreal, as it came in only my 3rd or 4th game, never thought of saving...

I scored a class bicycle kick with him too against a mate (i tried Argentina cos you'd mentioned you'd scored one with Aguero! :))

• Advertisement

I scored a class bicycle kick with him too against a mate (i tried Argentina cos you'd mentioned you'd scored one with Aguero! :))

Class!!!! Aguero a little legend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

if you find it too easy play online. Who plays manager mode anyway. Computer is always easy when you work out how it plays. Playing against real people is a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

ROC1977 wrote: »
    if you find it too easy play online. Who plays manager mode anyway. Computer is always easy when you work out how it plays. Playing against real people is a different story.

+1

Love the game myself, online is a joy. There's one or two things that niggle at me sometimes when playing but footie games do become too easy after playing it for a few weeks, just the way it is. I have it on Pro at the moment but I'm gonna up it a notch next time I play.

Scored a sweet overhead with Berba but never thought of saving it either, such an idiot. No 30 yarders yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I never play against the computer. Same as Fifa '08. It's always strictly online.

I've only clocked up about 60 games online so far. I think the stats part of Fifa '09 is one of my favourite parts. It's so detailed.

Any stats from the rest of ye? Amount of online games played? Won/lost?

I've played about 50 games online. Won about 20 -25. But my problem is playing when drunk. bad idea for stats!!! lol

Same here never played career mode since the 360 came out. Doesn't get the blood pumping like online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

this is my first FIFA game since Road to World Cup on the ps1

im playing on pro mode and I gotta say I think this games is vicious!!!

especially when playing against the big teams.

Absolutly love this game tho.

Aint brave enough to play online yet, just know im gonna get hammered:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Aint brave enough to play online yet, just know im gonna get hammered:(:(:(

Sometimes you dont mind gettign your ass handed to you online , I always use Liverpool v the big teams, last week I played v West Ham and lost 4-2 I was trying to get his rank as he was the best I have ever come accross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Got the game the other day and I think its great.

One thing, dunno if I'm blind but I cant seem to find an option to play World Cup??

not sure if there is mate. I'd think Fifa 09 is more club football. World cup etc seem to come out only when the real one is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Love it, great game altogether. Couple of things though..

Sometimes when i play against another united fan in a ranked live game, i can't change team and he usually quits a few seconds after. Also, how does that points system work for your ranking? ie: 1192 (+25) or whatever..

Used to playing pes offline, so excuse the newbisms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

PCros wrote: »
    Got the game the other day and I think its great.

One thing, dunno if I'm blind but I cant seem to find an option to play World Cup??
    create your own tournament and use international teams

Record: W: 17 L: 5

Not great, but I'm usually playing unranked matches, probably played 50 or 60 unranked, to get the swing of things.

One of my loses was due to me randomly losing connection and another was penalties. It looks rubbish when you lose a game on pen's, they should really put it down as a draw. Its a lottery otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

i think its great, play mostly on line some people are just too good but still enjoy it, started playing manager mode and it seems to me that the stamina goes down ver fast i have to change my team all the time but apart from that its great love the free kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I got a pretty nice goal doing a bicycle kick with Berba as well and saved it and it uploaded to some site or something? I didnt really take note at the time, does anyone know where to go to watch replays you've saved?

finially got around my phobia of getting my ass kick in fifa, would anybody be up for a few kickabouts????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

finially got around my phobia of getting my ass kick in fifa, would anybody be up for a few kickabouts????

Sure yeah :) brianOnPS3

Love it online although some guys are just too good :( and also I HATE that so many people pick Barca/ManU etc...

I play as Reading .. for no apparent (to me) reason :)

Absolutely.

I've started to get the hang of it now although I still get whipped by 3 or 4 goals online, thought I was half decent at this. Might be because I have everything set to manual which makes it near impossible to hit the target, practice will hopefully sort that tho.

Moiph wrote: »
    I got a pretty nice goal doing a bicycle kick with Berba as well and saved it and it uploaded to some site or something? I didnt really take note at the time, does anyone know where to go to watch replays you've saved?

http://www.eafootballworld.com

I presume you have registered (or you wouldn't have been able to upload!)

Scored a couple of decent ones myself. We could start a goals thread maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

http://www.eafootballworld.com

I presume you have registered (or you wouldn't have been able to upload!)

Scored a couple of decent ones myself. We could start a goals thread maybe?

We'll start one when we get our FIFA forum! :pac:

brianon wrote: »
    I play as Reading .. for no apparent (to me) reason :)

Reading ya?? Nice one looking forward to playing you so lol, i'll add you and anybody else who's up for a few games when im next on live
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Yeah I always wondered why we haven't got a FIFA thread on boards, maybe something we can look in to.

Uploading your goals is great feature, i even managed to upload my Van Persie wonder goal to my bebo page, sad i know.................

SantryRed wrote: »

Yeah ffs come on mods, sort this out, jesus Wolfenstein & Final Fantasy have their own bloody forum.:rolleyes:

I just posted a thread on the XBOX Forum about setting up a FIFA Forum so anybody who is interested if you would stop by and lend your support

Advertisement