Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound recorder

• 23-10-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

My daughter takes singing lessions. Her teacher puts the music on cassette tape. My daughter keeps rewinding or fast forwarding or putting the tape in the wrong way around. She never saw a cassette tape before now.

I want to put the audio on cd. Have tried using sound recorder on the pc useing a microphone, but it wont let me record more than 60 seconds.Is there any way to change this setting.

I have no tape player with audio outputs. so i want to ( and can)use a microphone up against a speaker. That setup might be handy for when she is practising as well

Have you any free SIMPLE online recomendations. tried one (audacity) and it has broken my heart.It will recordthe audio but wants me to download some other programme to transfer it.

Thanks

Shovel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Audacity is very simple. It does NOT get you to download another program.
    however, it requires 'lame encoder' if you want to save the recording as an mp3.
    You could just save as a wav file and you wont need anything else.

If you do want the files to be mp3's then do the following: Here is lame encoder. Just download and extract 'lame_enc.dll' to somewhere on your PC.
    The first time you want to convert something in audacity to mp3 it will ask you to locate lame encoder on your pc. after that it wont.

If you still cant figure it out, try mp3 my mp3 which is even more straighforward and has lame encoder built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭shovel

Avandulet.
    thanks very much for your reply. I will try your suggestions.

From my original post you can gather that I havent a clue.The audacity download had my anti-virus telling me all sorts of doom ahead,that I ignored, but when audacity wanted me to get lame, I got a bit nervous about a virus so tried everything to try to avoid getting lame.

Audacity (or maybe some prob with my pc) wouldnt let me transfer to cd useing oggis or wav so i was stuck!

thanks again

shovel

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭shovel

Artvandulet.

Thank you very much for your help.

Audacity is working for me now. It is perfect for my needs.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Regards

Shovel

Advertisement