Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiliney any good today?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Lads it's as windy as a a flatulance convention, will kiliney be worth it today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

was out on tuesday, some good waves off the northerlies...anyone out in bray today or last few days?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

killiney rocked today. double overhead insane!!! ireland's best secret surf spot. along with bray of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 milka

regularly good or just on the very rare occasion. Didn't realise Dublin had any surf spots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

Killiney is pants most of the time - i moved out there in 2004 for 2 years with the expectation there'd be good waves even some of the time and spent a good deal of time going up and down to the beach in the hope. I got White Rocks good once and paddled out on Killiney beach a few times - even when there was something it was pish poor windswell that by the time you were up on a wave you were too close to the shore and risking the shore break. Take a look at the beach on a real low tide and look at the old metal posts sticking up all over the place or the rocks.....it's not worth it if you ask me. Sure you'll give it a go but end up getting out in frustration most of the time. You definitely won't be getting a long walling ride.

It does serve it's purpose if getting wet keeps you happy.

Ireland's best secret surf spot - are you kidding??!!!!

That'd have to be THE SLAB

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

DAVE_K wrote: »

Ireland's best secret surf spot - are you kidding??!!!!

That'd have to be THE SLAB

Just a guess but id say he might have been using a hint of sarcasm with that one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement