Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dom Perignon

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have a bottle of Cuvee Dom Perignon vintage 1992 that I got for a wedding present. I'm not a wine drinker and I was wondering is it worth anything and if it is were can I sell it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'll give you €29 for it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

I'll give you €29 for it:)

Ahhh! You cheap man!

Elem wrote: »
    Ahhh! You cheap man!

€29!!!!??
    I thought I'd said €20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 1carrot2

How long have you had it and has it been stored well, i.e. has it been kept in its box? If it has been exposed to direct light for a prolonged period of time it will have deteriorated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Just crack it open and enjoy it. Life's too short.

Do it on a random Tuesday or Wednesday night after a sh'tty day at work. Otherwise you'll just build it up so much it'll be a disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

i have a bottle of champagne thats 20 years old, it doesnt say vintage, is it drinkable or just for the drain?

ChickCool wrote: »
    i have a bottle of champagne thats 20 years old, it doesnt say vintage, is it drinkable or just for the drain?

Probably undrinkable but try it. If you like it, drink it.

ibh wrote: »

Do it on a random Tuesday or Wednesday night after a sh'tty day at work. Otherwise you'll just build it up so much it'll be a disappointment.

Great advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

ibh wrote: »

Yeah, I think this is good advice too.

That said, it's prob worth a few hundred quid. If you're skint, sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

1carrot2 wrote: »
    How long have you had it and has it been stored well, i.e. has it been kept in its box? If it has been exposed to direct light for a prolonged period of time it will have deteriorated.

Yup 1carrot2 is right checked with a friend of mine who sells wine and he said if it stored correctly and still in its box bout €150 euro if not he said you might as well drink it or bin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 bignose3838

Like I said in my original thread I'm not a wine drinker I'd rather sell it and if it was worth anything have a good night out. So does anyone know where I could sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

id say youd have to drink it yourself or pass it on as a gift

dom isnt that rare, can buy it in o briens and in tescos! (for about 138euro) so unless you sell it to a mate or acquaintance at half that or less you wont shift it as they can buy it from a reputable retailer who they know has stored it properly etc

there isnt a market for person to person wine trade as most are widely available through retailers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Like I said in my original thread I'm not a wine drinker I'd rather sell it and if it was worth anything have a good night out. So does anyone know where I could sell it?

DP is not just wine, its a way of life man. Get a box of strawberrys and crack it open with some fine lookin woman, even if she hates you, magic will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

While the shops might stock DP, I doubt very much they'll have any of the 1992. Ask around some of the smaller fine wine shops; they might be interested in buying it. 92 was a pretty good vintage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'll offer €50-€60. PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement