Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges to withdraw sterling?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going to Edinburgh for a few days in November :P, and I heard somewhere that If I have Euro in my bank account, I can withdraw it as sterling over there, without paying charges! I'd really appreciate if anyone could set me straight on this! Can I withdraw it without charge, or am i better off just getting it changed in the bank??
    thank you! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Better off getting it in the bank IMO, better safe than sorry.

I took £140 out from my account last Thursday (with AIB btw) and while the exchange rate was about 1.5p lower than the live rate, they didn't charge me commission or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi, I'm going to Edinburgh for a few days in November :P, and I heard somewhere that If I have Euro in my bank account, I can withdraw it as sterling over there, without paying charges! I'd really appreciate if anyone could set me straight on this! Can I withdraw it without charge, or am i better off just getting it changed in the bank??
    thank you! :D

Depennds on your bank, for some a UK ATM is the same cost a taking it out at a branch here..

Advertisement