Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carzone opinions please

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Im a motor dealer. most here know me. carzone have recently changed everything and now i just dont know what to think? take a look.
    Im shocked its rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Could not agree more. Infact so poor is the new format that I e-mailed them yesterday to let them know what I and 2 friends think of it. The lack of an option to see what has been updated today really irks me. Carzone has gone from being the (in my opinion) only default choice way to sell a car to the one I will never use again. Added to the greed of the re- booking fee after a month and all reason to use them has gone. Shame really because it really did show the way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

yeah totally agree that it's gone from being the best site for cars in the country to the worst. They nearly make CBG look good now and thats saying something!! I emailed them as well yesterday.
    I have sold cars with them in the past but wont be using them again, won't even bother looking for cars with them either, the new site is a JOKE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭sk8board

pppspecial wrote: »
    Im a motor dealer. most here know me. carzone have recently changed everything and now i just dont know what to think? take a look.
    Im shocked its rubbish.

used it last night alright. Its ok, and will grow on me over time.

the old way of Make, Model, Year was excellent and quick. Now its a lot more complicated to arrive at the same result.

The format is very like the cargiant interface actually.

It has some annoying teething bugs; I eventually gave up and will return in a few days when most will be ironed out.

(If you're listening Carzone, heres a few):

1. why automatically select every model of a manufacturer? Have them all deselected, and let people choose the model they want.

2. if you change from viewing 30 cars in the results, to viewing 100, and then go to for example page 2 (101-200) of the results. If you view a car and go 'back' it goes back to the original page 1 with 30 results, and not page 2 with 100.

pedantic I know; but its the very little things that annoy people when it comes to websites that you use daily.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

As is the number of scammers using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

worst web site for cars i've seen in along time. I was goin to post my car up but not going to bother as no one will find it there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's disgraceful.

I'm done using it..on to car buyers guide for me now..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

just had a look ,looks fine to me

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Carzone have blown themselves totally out of the water. It's overpriced, badly laid out and full of scammers.

CBG from now on..

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

ClioV6 wrote: »
    ..on to car buyers guide for me now..

if we could get everyone to move across it would be great, though cbg needs a few improvements too.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

what? you have to rebook, just changed my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Yep, it's gone to hell. Try searching for a van from a private seller, you get 0 results for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Wonder what "yes men" told them that this was a good idea?

The nice thing about the old site was it's simplicity.

This new one is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

www.motornet.ie looks good. Somebody mentioned it in the other carzone thread. haven't used it much yet but it's similiar to the old carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/results?nParam=4294910978+102549

see this as an example

I can't see the title of the frickin car! I've already selected earlier that I wanted to search for a Merc, I don't need to see 'Mercedes Benz' taking up all the space for the title of the car. And no, you can't make that column wider either.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I'm in the market for a car (for a while) and I always use the "cars added recently" section on Carzone. The old site would tell you the date the car was actally added (within the last week) but this functionality is now gone. Also, the new site doesen't show you which cars you have already looked at which is a real pain. Old site was much better.

Sone dealers are now onyl advertising on CBG because of the new pricing structure on Carzone so make sure you are looking at both. All of the main dealers seem to be still on Carzone.

Cionád wrote: »

That's great for us, or the people who know about it but the OP is a dealer and is (I think), looking for alternatives as the new carzone is a huge steaming pile of poo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I think that people should be switching over to a new site that isn't taking the piss with their prices.

No reason to pay a premium to use carzone at all now with that terrible interface, and the scammer thing is another big annoyance to anyone trying to sell a car.

I see the 'refine search' options on the side-bar of the results page doesn't work either; it refines the search ok, but after viewing a car, it forgets the refinement and returns to the original results!
    again, very frustrating.

Who tested this pre-release? Did anyone even browse the site, or did get just decide to leave the public do the live testing?

my partner was searching for an MG for her a mother a few weeks back. we found one at a very reasonable price but when we inquired about it turned out the car would have to be picked up in liverpool from a nigerian and be paid for IN ADVANCE by western union. obviously we said a polite NO THANKS but the cnut just wouldnt let it go. first he said for no extra cost he would bring it over on the ferry but we'd still have to wire the money in advance.again we gave a polite NO THANKS but he just kept e-mailing us demanding to know why not and before you ask OF COURSE he played the racism card. thats the last time i will EVER use carzone,bunch of amatuers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I was going to "rebook" my advert, but I had a quick look and Im not all that happy, it seems slow for one and I not all tha happy about the rebooking fee that comes with it. I would expect a better service to justify the increases.

I think they may have shot themselves in the foot for at least the second time this year.

I'll stick with carlist.ie and adverts.ie, for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

my partner was searching for an MG for her a mother a few weeks back. we found one at a very reasonable price but when we inquired about it turned out the car would have to be picked up in liverpool from a nigerian and be paid for IN ADVANCE by western union. obviously we said a polite NO THANKS but the cnut just wouldnt let it go. first he said for no extra cost he would bring it over on the ferry but we'd still have to wire the money in advance.again we gave a polite NO THANKS but he just kept e-mailing us demanding to know why not and before you ask OF COURSE he played the racism card. thats the last time i will EVER use carzone,bunch of amatuers.

And how is this Carzone's fault? :confused:

caesar wrote: »
    I was going to "rebook" my advert, but I had a quick look and Im not all that happy, it seems slow for one and I not all tha happy about the rebooking fee that comes with it. I would expect a better service to justify the increases.

I think they may have shot themselves in the foot for at least the second time this year.

I'll stick with carlist.ie and adverts.ie, for the moment anyway.

Are you aware that your sig points to a list of passats on carzone?
    Change it to adverts !! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

utter utter SHLT, why the hell did they change it/

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

Ive used it again and all i can say is ohhh myyyy. what have they done.
    its not user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I have used carzone quite a bit in the past as have the rest of my friends/family to buy and sell both cars and bikes. Washed my hands of it now...why on earth fix what wasn't broken???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karlx5

pppspecial wrote: »
    Im shocked its rubbish.

this is since autotrader took them over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

sk8board wrote: »
    used it last night alright. Its ok, and will grow on me over time.

the old way of Make, Model, Year was excellent and quick. Now its a lot more complicated to arrive at the same result.

The format is very like the cargiant interface actually.

It has some annoying teething bugs; I eventually gave up and will return in a few days when most will be ironed out.

(If you're listening Carzone, heres a few):

1. why automatically select every model of a manufacturer? Have them all deselected, and let people choose the model they want.
    2. if you change from viewing 30 cars in the results, to viewing 100, and then go to for example page 2 (101-200) of the results. If you view a car and go 'back' it goes back to the original page 1 with 30 results, and not page 2 with 100.

pedantic I know; but its the very little things that annoy people when it comes to websites that you use daily.

Just dont tick the box beside the manufacturer name - click on the plus under the name to provide you with the drop down menu.

In fairness lads and lassies its not as bad as you are all making out, its just new and different but where have we ever got without change, just learn to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Ok, Try looking for a 07 transit from a private seller.
    I bought a few work vans from it before. The site used to have a good commercial section, easy to access etc, why should I now jump through hoops? sod it, Im off to ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Are you aware that your sig points to a list of passats on carzone?

Change it to adverts !! :-)

Was suppose to reply earlier, but boards was broke!

Anyway don’t know how that happened, I must have changed my sig without saving the changes or something. I feel like a right fool now :o:o

Changed now!

Advertisement