Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carzone opinions please

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Don't like the new carzone at all, the new design was good until this afternoon when I went on and everything had changed - I preferred the old interface where you could refine your search exactly, the new setup is more vague and as of yet doesn't allow any other listing types (by Model, Price, Year etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

macroman wrote: »
    Don't like the new carzone at all, the new design was good until this afternoon when I went on and everything had changed - I preferred the old interface where you could refine your search exactly, the new setup is more vague and as of yet doesn't allow any other listing types (by Model, Price, Year etc.).

It does but only after you've done a search. For some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You know, I wouldn't mind the new search so much, if still have people the option to use the old search too. The code is all still there, someone just needs to upload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

nah, it doesn't even need that - they simply are redirecting to the new format - even though the old one still exists, as-is (was). So yes, you're right, all they had to do was leave a simple link to the old site. So why didn't they?

My daily search (several times), was "automatic, added today". I can no longer perform that search.

So, imo, I suspect the added today/this-week etc. option was deleted, because certain advertisers would have complained that their cars that had not been added today/this-week were being ignored. Without this option, and the ability to see when an ad was placed or changed, all the ads are now equal. For instance, if info was not changed for 30 days, I always assumed that a car had been sold, when indeed it may not have been. That's all I can think of!?!

The whole site is so slow now, it's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

nah, it doesn't even need that - they simply are redirecting to the new format - even though the old one still exists, as-is (was). So yes, you're right, all they had to do was leave a simple link to the old site. So why didn't they?QUOTE]

Are you saying you can still access the old format ? The new one is giving me a headache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I usually just do the Irish thing of not complaining when I see a problem with something but the carzone site where I used to spend hours just dreaming and trawling through what was on offer has been ruined. It's just so unfriendly, currently I'm in the market for a small van and trying to find a commercial on this pointless site is just impossible. I do know there are sites specificall for commercials but they just dont have the number of listings that carzone used to have. So I do hope that what ever genius came up with this site reads these complaints and takes note and changes it because what made carzone successful was how user friendly it was and because of that ever car dealer in the country put their products up there knowing there would be a huge number of people logging on.
    I would love to see figures on how site traffic has fallen because of the changes, best of luck selling advertising on a site with no traffic... Rant over..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Barr wrote: »
    [Are you saying you can still access the old format ? The new one is giving me a headache

You could up ubtil yesterday by going to carzone.ie/usedcars but it doesn't seem to be working this morning

Can we all please bombard them with comments. It takes two seconds:

http://www.carzone.ie/index.cfm?fuseaction=Email

btw, I can no longer afford to even advertise on carzone, and that's before taking into account the fact that the site is a joke, will alienate all potential buyers, and end up generating nothing.............

old format, still working, just..

http://www.motornet.ie/usedcars/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about a guy who was considering setting up a rival website to carzone. Everyone said he could never compete. Maybe he got a job at carzone and is trying to bankrupt them : )
    Im sure we will see a return to the old format shortly or else carzone is f*cked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

superjosh9 wrote: »

btw, I can no longer afford to even advertise on carzone, and that's before taking into account the fact that the site is a joke, will alienate all potential buyers, and end up generating nothing.............

Done.. hopefully they will get the message if enough people do it

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

old format, still working, just..

http://www.motornet.ie/usedcars/
    Yep noticed it last night, will be using it until Carzone.ie get their act together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Whatcar

mickdw wrote: »
    There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about a guy who was considering setting up a rival website to carzone. Everyone said he could never compete. Maybe he got a job at carzone and is trying to bankrupt them : )
    Im sure we will see a return to the old format shortly or else carzone is f*cked.

There is already a rival website guys www.whatcar.ie lots of new features
    coming soon ;) and unlike the other websites I welcome constructive suggestions to make it better. The main aim of the site is to keep it simple
    we have 30000 cars now and growing:D we will have a WhatClassic addition soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

done, I hope they take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Whatcar wrote: »
    There is already a rival website guys www.whatcar.ie lots of new features
    coming soon ;) and unlike the other websites I welcome constructive suggestions to make it better. The main aim of the site is to keep it simple
    we have 30000 cars now and growing:D we will have a WhatClassic addition soon.

Shameless Bump Al! ;)

I've got reason to browse most car sites every day and I've kinda gotten used to it. Only major problem for me is when you specify a search and checkout a particular ad that when you hit the back button your search criteria is lost - I'm sure they'll manage to sort that out but as you say it's become fiddly and gimmicky. TBH I really don't think CZ will go back to the original format after investing in the recent site re-launch. They are now part of the Trader Group (AutoTrader basically) and as what happens with all multi-nationals has happened here - they forget about the little guy, i.e - you and me! Very same as happened with GUINNESS or Diageo as they are now, and I've got hands on experience of that too.

Conlusion: Keep it simple, Keep it Irish. QED! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Shameless Bump Al! ;)

Only major problem for me is when you specify a search and checkout a particular ad that when you hit the back button your search criteria is lost - I'm sure they'll manage to sort that out but as you say it's become fiddly and gimmicky.

Don't press the back button - Click "return to my search results" at the top left hand corner of a particular ad

Still hate the site - Yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Whatcar

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Conlusion: Keep it simple, Keep it Irish. QED! :pac::pac::pac:

Well said John ;)

Thats the www.whatcar.ie motto Car Buying and Selling Made Easy
    and its 100% Irish too :D

Advertisement