Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Ceilica Newer model

Options
  • 23-10-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey guys thinking of getting one. My budget more than likely will only cover me for a 2000 - 2002 (if even)

What do yee think of the Celica?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

beanok77 wrote: »
    Hey guys thinking of getting one. My budget more than likely will only cover me for a 2000 - 2002 (if even)

Nice car, gettin them with the right body trim, alloys and colour combinations is vital though or else they dont look anything spectacular. Excellent ride and build quality as well by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

samsemtex wrote: »
    Nice car, gettin them with the right body trim, alloys and colour combinations is vital though or else they dont look anything spectacular. Excellent ride and build quality as well by all accounts.

Agreed. A friend of mine bought one about 6 weeks ago, 2001 model. Very nice car to drive, and nippy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try and get the VVTi-L model from the UK, it has 190bhp as opposed to the standard 140bhp version we had here. UK Celicas are generally higher spec too.

Just make sure you have the car checked out thoroughly as these cars tend to have their abilities tested and it is not uncommon for them to have seen the wrong side of a ditch at some stage of their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

this is the 3rd or 4th Celica thread over the past few weeks...

great cars, bullet proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Its a great every day car that handles very well. Try to get the 190 if you can, you'll like the lift in the higher revs! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

samsemtex wrote: »

Get it lowered with the TRD springs without lowering the celica it looks like its on stilts!

Get some nice alloys, toyota side skirts and the front lip will make it looks good without going over the top.

2celicas.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Yes this is the 3rd of 4th thread on these the last few weeks.

make sure to haggle like a mad thing as like with most other cars, they aernt selling at all at the moment. Also if you do get a 190bhp check the insurance first, there used to be no loading but most insurance companies are loading them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karlx5

beanok77 wrote: »

i think that year is 4 ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Wouldnt touch one now. There is a bit of a move from the honda civic to that model celica in mayo at least. So a bit on the knacker side now imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

mickdw wrote: »
    Wouldnt touch one now. There is a bit of a move from the honda civic to that model celica in mayo at least. So a bit on the knacker side now imo

Good reason to buy one now then, you should have no problem selling it on to mickdw and his mates in a couple years time! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement