Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best graphics card for a 32" lcd

Options
  • 23-10-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of good cards to use with a 32" HD lcd.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

kevovek wrote: »
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction of good cards to use with a 32" HD lcd.
    Thanks

As in a 32' HD TV with a resolution of only 1920x1080? short answer, any, its not a high resolution by pc standards, most graphics cards support much higher. What do You intend viewing on this? gaming or just video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

I have a 28" and run a ATI 4870, I did have an 8800GTS card before I bought the monitor but to it was crap when running games, so hence the upgrade.

One thing I would say is that I should have just gone to 24", 28" is just too big for PC gaming ( I play FPS games ), if you are using it for driving games and will be sitting away from it ala a PS controller then it is probably ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    As in a 32' HD TV with a resolution of only 1920x1080? short answer, any, its not a high resolution by pc standards, most graphics cards support much higher. What do You intend viewing on this? gaming or just video?

Oh cool i thought the resolution would be a problem but obviously not i'll be doing a bit of both i guess. Video and gaming through the tv will only be at 720P at the most wouldnt it?

WillieDH wrote: »
    I have a 28" and run a ATI 4870, I did have an 8800GTS card before I bought the monitor but to it was crap when running games, so hence the upgrade.

One thing I would say is that I should have just gone to 24", 28" is just too big for PC gaming ( I play FPS games ), if you are using it for driving games and will be sitting away from it ala a PS controller then it is probably ok.

I was thinking about getting a ATI 4870 512mb looks good, im used to gaming on my 32" via xbox 360 (also mostly FPS games) so i should be fine with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If Your intending gaming then go for the HD4870, You'll be able to game at full HD (1920x1080p) thru HDMI, this card will handle any game at this resolution.

Advertisement