Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best WM apps?

• 23-10-2008 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

With an increasing number of threads here about the Omnia, Xperia, HD, Diamond, Pro etc i was wondering if any of these (prospective) device-users can suggest some good, indispensable WM6 apps?

I've got a good few already but i'm just wondering if i'm missing out on any really great WM apps.
    Thanks.
    BTW anyone try Winterface yet (a supposedly iphone-esque UI for WM)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

phonealarm - for profile changing. well worth the €18 imo. www.pocketmax.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mkennedy wrote: »
    With an increasing number of threads here about the Omnia, Xperia, HD, Diamond, Pro etc i was wondering if any of these (prospective) device-users can suggest some good, indispensable WM6 apps?

I've got a good few already but i'm just wondering if i'm missing out on any really great WM apps.
    Thanks.

As you mention winterface: yeah, tried it, and it's not bad, but it doesn't go very deep into windows' layers. SPB's Mobile Shell is far far superior in every aspect: personalisation, stability, finger-friendliness, speed, updates etc etc! Then there's SPB's pocket plus...

I also always recommend DinarSoft's MemMaid! Absolutely indispensable!!! It turns any old window's mobile into a brandnew speed smartie!!! And by "old" I mean 2 weeks old and upwards!!! With memmaid in regular use, I have not experienced a freeze or serious lag on 3 different wm devices...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Pocket Mechanic, for keeping your device and any storage cards running nice and smooth, bit pricey at $28 (pricey for a ppc app) but I find it keeps my devices running nicely and havent had to soft reset in quite a while now http://www.wizcode.com/products/view/pocket_mechanic_professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

mkennedy wrote: »

Had Winterface installed for the last few days on my TyTNII , uninstalled it as it crashed the phone on me during an important call.

Shame, was a nice little app with a good interface.

Advertisement