Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres one for you.

Options
  • 23-10-2008 2:52pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to see if anyone has been in this situation before and can offer me some advice.

Its regarding the sleeping arrangements for our 2 youngest.

Theyre both girls and the older is 2 and the younger one is 7 months.

Any way the plan is/was for them to share a bedroom as we gave them the bigger room but the younger one is still in our bedroom.

We`re kind of nervous of putting her in with the older one because they seem to wake each other up if you get me.

Question is :

Should we just go for it and hope that they both sleep or should we leave the younger one in our room for a bit longer??

They both are sleeping from 7.30 until 8 or so the next morning.

Help with this one appreciated as we need our bedroom back ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

In all fairness if they are both sleeping through the night and are falling asleep early, why would you want to rock the boat?

Personally Id value the sleep, moving them together now would mess up the routine you have going now, I think they are still very young anyhows. Wait till they're a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm sure lots of people have been through what you are talking about and will give their advice. My experience is slightly different but MAY give some insight. I have twin boys (1 year old this week). They have been together since birth in the same cot originally and in their own cots in the same room since about 6 months.
    They do wake each other up and keep each other from going to sleep. The waking each other up usually isn't too hard to avoid though as they are used to each other making noise and even if they wake up, they will "chat" to each other happily and doze off again. When one starts screaming though with teething pain, we have to run very quickly to get him out of the room before he really upsets the other which can be a pain in the butt at 4 in the morning. On the few occasions when we have to bring one into our bed to calm him, the other will go nuts when he wakes and realises he is alone.

Unfortunately for us also though, one of ours goes to sleep easily and quickly...this results in the other one getting really annoyed coz his brother isn't paying any attention to him anymore and can result in another bout of screaming in an effort to wake him up again...cue us running at full speed to grab the screamer out of the room....sigh :)

We have thought numerous times about seperating them to get ourselves more sleep but can't bring ourselves to do it as they get on so well.

You may not have the same problems though with one being older than the other but it may bring other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

There's 14 months between our first two and we put them into a room together, with the same reservations as yourself, but they worked out after some initial teething problems - namely the older one waking earlier, climbing out of bed and waking the younger.

I can't remember how old the younger one was, possibly a little older than seven months. They're four and five now and still sharing the room, and they get on great together.

Advertisement