Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do petition site work, Ratchet says yes.

Options
  • 23-10-2008 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

A while back someone asked did on line petitions work, well according to Ratchet they do.

http://newsbbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7680429.stm

Care 2 is a petition site that is working, they asked for 10,000 signatures and they got over 69,000 and sent Ratchet home to his family.

http://www.petitionsite.com/2/clenency-for-ratchet
    Sorry for what ever reason it'smoved just go to home page, presson animal walfare and scroll down to Clemency for Ratchet.

I've been on this site for a while and make a point of spending at least 10mins a day to help animals all over the world, and so far there has been some great success stories, not many are Irish petitions but if you need to start one and get results, there are people from all over the world there ready to support the petitions.

You will also be very surprised to find out things like proctor and Gamble still testing on animals (Iams, pringles, Fairy washing powder)
    How about Mars, take mars products of your Halloween and Xmas list. (No more mars bars or M&M)
    Looking for that special dress or suit for the season, don't buy Armani you should see what he thinks of rabbits and other animals skinned alive for his fashion designs, if you can call them that, having to steal from nature in my book is fraud.

There have been many success stories from all over the world and I for one am happy to be a part of it.

But be warned there are lots of people from all over the world looking to be friends with you when you sign up to the community, it's all good but the e-mails are hard to keep up with so maybe knock that option of when signing up and choose to make your own friend in your own time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I must say I always wondered do online petitions really work but it's great to see that they can work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I just got a new e-mail to say six people including a supervisor and a manager are up in court for abusing pigs on the Hormel pig farm in Iowa, the mother pigs are not only restricted from caring for their young because they have to feed them through bars, but were beaten with metal bars, kicked, had paint and aerosols spared in there eye's and nose but were raped with what ever they could get their hands on from metal bars to canes electric prods and more, they now face 2 years in prison for every case of abuse, the evidence was given over by Peta who did the undercover investigation and forced them to take it to court by getting up the petition and telling the world what was going on.

The petition continues to force Hormel to regulate it's business under the guild lines Peta has set out.

There are fourteen counts of misdemeanours the stiffest possible charges under Iowa state law for crimes committed against farm animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

I signed the petition for Ratchet last week and many other petitions. I always get e-mails from Care2 they do great work and i have no problem putting my signature on there petitions. There is appalling counts of cruelty to all animals throughout the world and it's time we did our best to help as many as possible. The case this week of horse fighting in the phillipines made me physically sick when i seen the pictures and as for eating cats in Brazil! :( Disgusting Why???????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sage'sMama wrote: »
    There is appalling counts of cruelty to all animals throughout the world and it's time we did our best to help as many as possible
    :) It's a pity people don't take a more proactive role (myself included). Donating money and time to animal causes helps out so much.

Although it's great to see petitions work.
    Sage'sMama wrote: »
    as for eating cats in Brazil! :( Disgusting Why???????
    Certain cultures feel the same way about cows, others about pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I do what I can from home rescuing and walk dogs at the pound educte kids, I bring the animals to the scouts every year and have a chat with them, sign petitions and warn peole againest buying products tested on animals, I don't have a great deal of money to donate but I give what i can when I can and I still feel hopeless to help animals all over the world, some times wish I was invisable as mad as it sounds, imagine what you could to stop it all.

Donna Karen has just come of my list as well :( she doesn't deserve my money the bunnie killer. I just don't see why animals being killed for fur can not be pts properly after all the meat go's in the trash and is of no risk to anyone eating it. Or animals that are for meat be killed out right not tortured. Whats wrong with these disigners are they thought to buy only tortured animal fur or did they just take to many drugs at college that they no longer no right from wrong :confused: whats worse is why the people keep buying it, I know some are not aware and it is hide using the words faux fur or fun fur, even ones that claim it's rabbit fur are 8/10s cat or dog fur, why would you buy rabbit fur any way :confused:

Sorry it just gets up setting to feel like I'm pissing in the wind some times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement