Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you buy just the sim card?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

hi,

i got for free a 3 broadband modem thingy and usb cable from a pal.
    Can i buy the sim card seperate?
    anyone know?

Rgds,
    NIF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah you can buy just a sim if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

seanybiker wrote: »
    yeah you can buy just a sim if you want

Thanks - anyone know a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I'm guessing €5 with €5 credit. Not that I'm ever planning on stepping inside a three store again.

http://www.three.ie/broadband/3pay.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Onikage wrote: »
    I'm guessing €5 with €5 credit. Not that I'm ever planning on stepping inside a three store again.

http://www.three.ie/broadband/3pay.htm

LOL! I heard the network is poor alright.......maybe i'll not bother then. :pThanks anyways.

Rgds,
    NIF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Its 9 for a sim. You just buy a normal 3pay sim and pop it into the modem. Their is nothing wrong with the network only the amount of people using it (although its supposedly getting better for people as the network upgrades are done). There is 5 on the sim so you will also need to buy credit if you want to start browsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Walkman wrote: »
    Their is nothing wrong with the network only the amount of people using it

Actually the shared ip addresses are a big problem. Lots of websites, banking in particular, don't work correctly.

The ip address issue has nothing to do with the network side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

LOL! I heard the network is poor alright.......maybe i'll not bother then. :pThanks anyways.

Rgds,
    NIF

yup its fairly ****e alright. My brother moved over to them onto 3pay and he wasn't receiving any texts from vodafone. He was one them about 50 times or more and they still didn't fix it. So he decided to leave them and cancel and then they wanted him to pay an early cancelation fee even though he wasn't receiving the service. Showers muppets altogether. Stay well clear of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Could also mention the downright criminal customer service on top of the shoddy product.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Walkman wrote: »
    Its 9 for a sim. You just buy a normal 3pay sim and pop it into the modem. Their is nothing wrong with the network only the amount of people using it (although its supposedly getting better for people as the network upgrades are done). There is 5 on the sim so you will also need to buy credit if you want to start browsing.
    Where did you get it from? I was in their shop yesterday and they refused to sell only a SIM saying the only way to get it is together with a modem and they don't sell SIMs only. I checked O2 and it seems they also sell their 30day broadband with modems only. Of course, both 3 and O2 have the poorest models on the market and they lock it too. So there doesn't seem to be a way to sign up with your own modem :mad:

• Advertisement

You get a HANDSET 3pay sim, put it into the modem, top it up, buy the internet add on and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Thanks, guys :) I see Three are well trained to mislead people ;)

Advertisement