Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throttled by BT

Options
  • 23-10-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I've been throttled by BT since monday and was wondering how long other people have been restricted?

I find it harsh because Im on the "unlimited downloads" package and I did all my downloads off peak.

Here are my stats:

First Login Thu Sep 25 11:32:10 2008
    Last Login Wed Oct 22 22:37:26 2008
    Last Login Duration 50 minutes
    Logins 57
    Offpeak Traffic 23602 minutes
    Peak Traffic 8604 minutes
    Data uploaded 15.61 GB [16759324763 bytes]
    Data downloaded 104.28 GB [111968409627 bytes]

The guy at customer services said take it as a rule of thumb not to download more than 3gb per day and you wont get throttled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's a rolling 30 day limit with the throttling set at either 85 or 100gb depending on where your exchange is (or so i've been told on here before) so under 3gb a day seems about right, give or take.

basically when your total for the last 30 days drops below that amount they'll unthrottle you.

i was throttled for just over a week once and for 2 days another time, but i've seen people throttled for 2-3 weeks or more, just depends on how much you hammer it.

if you're right on the limit one day and then go bat shit nuts on it the next day and download flat out for 24 hours then you're gonna stay throttled for a while.

personally i use my connection for business as wrell as personal too so it gets a lot of use and despite having a limited company and being told i could switch to business BT business are a bunch of ass clowns and don't seem to be able to actually manage a simple account transfer so I've decided that I'm dumping them for UPC 20mbps and we'll just see how that goes.

Advertisement