Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currencies in Eastern Europe

Options
  • 23-10-2008 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What do you think about currencies changes in Poland, where Polish Zloty lost 15% in few days due to .... the economic situation in Hungry ! Poland is one of the most stable countries in the field of banking - Hungry not. I read in New York Times, that "investors" treat this region as one bucket. They have like one "red (red?) button" labeled as Eastern Europe. Well, I wonder why brokers after Harvard and Oxford can not evaluate the situation more precisely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

The Czech Koruna is extremely stable and hasn't stirred literally an inch since June, The Czech Republic is weathering the storm well and with EU Presidency next year will be one of Europe's bright stars in 2009 with the ODS Party successfully implementing Conservative policies and leading their country into a economic boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

WorkHard wrote: »
    What do you think about currencies changes in Poland, where Polish Zloty lost 15% in few days due to .... the economic situation in Hungry ! Poland is one of the most stable countries in the field of banking - Hungry not. I read in New York Times, that "investors" treat this region as one bucket. They have like one "red (red?) button" labeled as Eastern Europe. Well, I wonder why brokers after Harvard and Oxford can not evaluate the situation more precisely.

you have to remember that there is alot of deleveraging going on, funds are suffering redemptions so in many cases they are dumping profitable investments because they have to. All emerging markets are being hit badly and so they should be as they depend on growing/stable western markets, if this is not the case then investors assumtions will change

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement