Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does this nightmare end

Options
  • 23-10-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I cant take any more of this crap action must be taken now and someone must carry the can,our great club is sinking into oblivion and all we can do is sit back and watch it.All we want is a group of players who actually put effort in and give 100%,this is not happening which is down to the players themselves but also down to a manager who looks kile a muppett on the sideline,bottom line is u cant sack 11 players but u can sack a manager so we know what must happen next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The players are a disgrace, the effort is crap, never seen anything like it. i'm lost for words to tell you the truth......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 yiddo_til_i_die

Ramos has to go now and we need someone in who will lift the spirits of the team and get them enjoying the football again.

Commolli has to go before the January transfer window

And Levy has to go once the Transfer window closes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ramos has to go now and we need someone in who will lift the spirits of the team and get them enjoying the football again.

Commolli has to go before the January transfer window

And Levy has to go once the Transfer window closes

Levy gets until the window closes, so he can fcuk up another opportunity for us to get in the players we need? No thanks, the Teflon One can do one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from. Bolton will easily bully us into submission on Sunday and then we've got Arse, Poo and ManC. :eek:

Are we playing Newcastle soon? that's our only chance of 3 points....:p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Levy gets until the window closes, so he can fcuk up another opportunity for us to get in the players we need? No thanks, the Teflon One can do one now.

the thing is that Levy might be forced to take a back seat for this one, if a new manager demands it.

If someone else were to come in, they could be under instruction to minimise spending bcos ENIC are losing some serious money with the falling share prices. Also with the payout we'd have to give Ramos it could affect the money available as the next person may not want to risk overspending with the imminent possibility of relegation, meaning that the investment would be wasted.

I think Levy would have to go for broke though in an attempt to save himself.

I still want the cnut out tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

el diablo wrote: »

would have thought stoke was an easy 3 pointer
    no dead certs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

the thing is that Levy might be forced to take a back seat for this one, if a new manager demands it.

Which would be a reversal of the clubs business plan for the last few years, which will not happen with the majority shareholding remaining in ENIC's hands.
    someone else were to come in, they could be under instruction to minimise spending bcos ENIC are losing some serious money with the falling share prices.

The money spent by any incoming manager would be Tottenham's, not ENIC's. The owners do not pump money into the club, far from it. The club has sufficient revenue streams to sustain itself over the last few years (quite a bit of it directly out of our pockets) so there's little need to worry about Joe Lewis losing 100s of millions in Bear Stearns etc etc. He can't reach his hand into the club's accounts and pocket a few million, unless it's paid as a dividend (last year's was a mere £3m)

The only concern from an ENIC perspective is if player trading in January affects the value of the club should they come to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

We would happily give you a game right now.

Which would be a reversal of the clubs business plan for the last few years, which will not happen with the majority shareholding remaining in ENIC's hands.
    The club also had a 5 year plan, which included buying young talented, english players, which was apparently ripped up and thrown out to coincide with the sacking of Jol.
    Business plans get changed when they are failing miserably.

The money spent by any incoming manager would be Tottenham's, not ENIC's. The owners do not pump money into the club, far from it. The club has sufficient revenue streams to sustain itself over the last few years (quite a bit of it directly out of our pockets) so there's little need to worry about Joe Lewis losing 100s of millions in Bear Stearns etc etc. He can't reach his hand into the club's accounts and pocket a few million, unless it's paid as a dividend (last year's was a mere £3m)

The only concern from an ENIC perspective is if player trading in January affects the value of the club should they come to sell.
    Player trading in January would affect the value of the club, as any significant outlay on players, that would undoubtedly have relegation clauses in their contract, would mean that in the event of regulation, there would be an increased possibility that this outlay would not be recouped. This would represent losses in the clubs accounts - which would directly affect the value and share price of the club.

We would happily give you a game right now.

let's not forget that our only domestic win was against you bar-codes at St. James Park a few weeks ago. what's changed? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

whats changed is that they look like they are now playing with a bit of desire and unity under Kinnear whereas we are playing like a bunch of spineless lazy prima donnas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

let's not forget that our only domestic win was against you bar-codes at St. James Park a few weeks ago. what's changed? ;)
    whats changed is that they look like they are now playing with a bit of desire and unity under Kinnear whereas we are playing like a bunch of spineless lazy prima donnas.

What he said.

the nightmare is finally over. I'm sure you'll all agree. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Onwards and upwards as they say...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

heres hoping COYS