Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Again

Options
  • 23-10-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Rubbish Again.
    Shocking mistake from Gomes, iv heard people say how good he is etc etc, how many goals is that now that he has caused us, worrying !!
    King looks finished, a yard or two off the pace tonight, would'nt be suprised if he retires within 6 months.

Why at no stage did we play a 2nd striker with Bent, crazy !!

Both the manager and the players looked lost again tonight.

Again no heart.Gutless/spinless fcukers.

Only bright note has been Hutton, potentially a great right full, will prob be wearing a Man Utd jersey within 12 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

jeeze we were fcukin awful.what else can go wrong at this club.ppl are laughing at us ffs. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Only bright note has been Hutton, potentially a great right full, will prob be wearing a Man Utd jersey within 12 months.

At the rate we're going he'll be getting picked up at the airport by Old Red Nose in January and Benitez will be doing the same for Bale.

I've never been so down in the dumps about Spurs in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Lads, as much as Commoli and Levy need to take a hell of alot of the flack, in the immediate future, yous need to start making it clear that Ramos isn't up for the job. He looks totally lost and so do the players he's managing.

Te board screw him in the transfer window, however, that should have resulted in Spurs floundering around 12th or so. To be rock bottom of the league and consistently churning out hapless, clueless, and dejected results, he needs to move on.

I think Ramos is a decent coach, I just don't think he is equipped to deal with a relegation dogfight in a country he struggles to speak the language of.

I don't have much to be chipper about being a Toon fan, but at least we can see that the players are fighting to get out of this mess. Your boys look totally lost, and I don't think Ramos is the man to guide them out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just heard woodgate interview after the game with five live, did anyone else hear it ? He has a right pop at all the players, himself included. Says we will defo be relegated if the players dont get there finger out. His exact words were that players need a good kick up the arse !! An understatement im sure you will all agree.

How he's not captain is beyond me !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Lads, as much as Commoli and Levy need to take a hell of alot of the flack, in the immediate future, yous need to start making it clear that Ramos isn't up for the job. He looks totally lost and so do the players he's managing.Te board screw him in the transfer window, however, that should have resulted in Spurs floundering around 12th or so. To be rock bottom of the league and consistently churning out hapless, clueless, and dejected results, he needs to move on.
    I think Ramos is a decent coach, I just don't think he is equipped to deal with a relegation dogfight in a country he struggles to speak the language of.

I don't have much to be chipper about being a Toon fan, but at least we can see that the players are fighting to get out of this mess. Your boys look totally lost, and I don't think Ramos is the man to guide them out of this.

A very fair point Charlie.

I am also seriously wondering if, privately, Ramos himself has given up. He just does'nt look like he genuinely cares about the situation to me. If an offer came in from a spanish club, I think Ramos would be jumping on the first plane home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

Just heard woodgate interview after the game with five live, did anyone else hear it ? He has a right pop at all the players, himself included. Says we will defo be relegated if the players dont get there finger out. His exact words were that players need a good kick up the arse !! An understatement im sure you will all agree.

How he's not captain is beyond me !!!!!!

i don't really think that it's the players fault
    they really seem to be playing with passion and have a genuine will
    to get the team of it's current rut

but the problem is they're like headless chicken on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ramos should not wait to get the sack, he should do the decent thing and resign....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great interview with Woodgate. He's right in everything he says as well. The entire team is a complete shambles at the moment. They really need to do something, and do something fast. As for Ramos, i've been behind him so far, but he really needs to do something as well. He looks beaten on the sidelines.

Paddypower are giving odds of 10-3 against for Spurs to be relegated. After watching that crap tonight that seems very generous. Bolton are 3-1 to win on Sunday too which is extremely tempting.

Nothing will change because Ramos is on a lucrative contract so he won't resign. The board/Levy won't sack him because it'll (a) cost too much and (b) make them look plonkers for headhunting him in the first place.

We're going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7687820.stm woodgate interview for those who havent heard it... make the man captain already. king retired after the league cup final!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

tippspur wrote: »
    Ramos should not wait to get the sack, he should do the decent thing and resign....

ramos won't resign, he's waiting to be sacked so he gets a big payday

it's catch 22 at the moment because the board don't want to sack him for obvious reasons but i'm sure they know he's not the right man for the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Bring back Christian Gross :eek:
    Thats how dellusional ive become, its the first time i can remember that i actually switched a spurs game off after the first goal went in.

I see Lawro has tipped us to win on Sunday too :rolleyes: The gods they are a smiling on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

dantes74 wrote: »
    i don't really think that it's the players fault
    they really seem to be playing with passion and have a genuine will
    to get the team of it's current rut

but the problem is they're like headless chicken on the pitch

Sorry cant agree that the players arent to blame. Bently has been rubbish. Jenas epitimises what a current spurs captain is all about... quite as a mouse on the pitch, looks pretty but hasnt got the bollarks... the players are a disgrace, as is ramos, as is levy, as is comolli... its all karma for the way big martin jol was treated. we were already cursed but know we're fcuked.

i for one am embaressed and disgusted and will be voicing my disgust if things havent changed on and off the pitch when i go to the everton game. Disgracefull
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You can tell Woody was holding back in the interview, I'd say he was biting his tongue, he knows exactly what players are to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think its time for those who have said to stick with Ramos to apoligise :D:D

This had gone beyond a joke and if we dont change personell now I honestly do believe that the club will go down. Surely they can realise the cost of a payout will be less then the cost WHEN we are relegated.

The thoughts of that game against bolton is filling me up with dread, At the very best we're gonna take 1 point out of our next 4 games giving the way we are playing surely then it might even be too late in that the team are oing to expect to play sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Roman Pavlyuchenko is set to leave Spurs high and dry for three days while on political duty in Russia.
    Pavlyuchenko was elected a deputy for Vladimir Putin's United Russia party in his home town of Stavropol, and has been invited by governor Valeri Gaievski to attend a special session on sports development.

Pavlyuchenko, who has said he will remain committed to his political responsibilities despite playing in England, will attend the event next month before returning in December for the city's annual Football Festival.

It is unfortunate timing for Spurs who may be left to face Manchester United without the Russian.

However, despite Tottenham's need for him to be available, Pavlyuchenko has said he will not give up his seat and is determined to fulfil his role.

"I'm not going to give up my seat," he said. "Sadly I couldn't come to Stavropol for the election results, although I very much wanted to.

"Despite the need for me to be in Britain often, I'm not going to be absent from Stavropol for long."

Should he make it back to the UK in time for the clash against United on Dec 13, it is likely he will be too exhausted to play.

Speaking to the Mirror, a Russian source said: "They would be mad to let him go. But who's going to argue with Vladimir Putin?"

Putin launched a campaign for top Russian sports stars to stand in the elections, and he is now joined in national parliament by several Olympic gold medal winners.

However, is seems that not all of Russia's elite sportsmen are all that keen to participate.

Previously elected into St Petersburg's local parliament, Andrei Arshavin quit his post almost immediately.

Is this a windup?

Just a point Id like to make about team selection for Sunday, surely if fit, Huddlestone must start. We are creating very little as an attacking force and his passing ability could be crucial in opening up Bolton. Id go 442 and play Bent and Pav, or even Campbell up top with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just a point Id like to make about team selection for Sunday, surely if fit, Huddlestone must start. We are creating very little as an attacking force and his passing ability could be crucial in opening up Bolton. Id go 442 and play Bent and Pav, or even Campbell up top with one of them.

Hudd will probably play, but at CB to replace the (more than likely) injured King/Woodgate and the suspended Dawson.

I've not seen Bolton play this year, but if he did play in a central role in a 4-4-2 I think we'd be very vunerable to pace through the middle. Fcuk knows what I'd do instead though, there seems to bee nobody capable of lifting themselves for games right now, Woody will be missed if he's definitely out.

Pavlyuchenko will probably play, I'd like to see dos Santos and either Lennon or Bentley on the left/right accordingly (not the other way round Ramos you pinhead :mad:).

Id defo play Hudd, surely he deserves his chance at this stage.

Woodgate and Corluka will be centre halves id say.

Agreed, id love to see Gio out wide left, did well when he came on the other night.

Advertisement