Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mudhoney!

• 23-10-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've been a big fan of the likes of Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana & Pearl Jam for a while now but was told a while ago that the 'quintessential' grunge band is Mudhoney! Having heard only one or two of their songs I'm not totally sold but am willing to give them a shot.

Any pointers as to a good starting point album wise?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's a 2cd compilation with something from everything and a pile of rare stuff too up to where they broke up, can't think of the name of it right now, possibly March To Fuzz, maybe not. That's where to start. It's great stuff. All the hits heh heh heh.

Of the individual albums, my own personal favourite is Piece Of Cake but I think I'm in the minority with that one. There's a recent remaster jobbie of the first album in most shops right now, you can't go wrong with that either.

TBH, start with anything up and including Piece of Cake, you won't go wrong. Great ****in band.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

they broke up :eek:,thought they were still together being honest.

They got back together without Matt Lukin a few years ago. The compliation I mentioned pre-dates that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Superfuzz Bigmuff got reissued as a 2CD set recently, excellent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

If you remember the film Judgement Night, it has a great soundtrack (which Ive been looking for and I can't find anywhere.....)

It was collaborations of grunge/rock bands and hip hop/rappers.
    So you have Pearl Jam/Cypress Hill doing a song, and Mudhoney had a song called Freak Moma, I can't remember the rap group they did the song with, but it's feckin brilliant...

• Advertisement

That would have been Sir Mix-A-Lot :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

my brother has a couple of mudhoney albums,must give them a proper listen.

Advertisement