Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing The Sims2 on Vista- can anyone help??

Options
  • 23-10-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone- Im one of those sad Sim freaks and Im having major problems installing The Sims2 onto Vista. Iv spent two days researching solutions online but none apply to me.

The problem occurs just after I input the serial number from the back of the guide book to allow the installation. Once I put this in I get an option to select which file I want to save the game in. Once I select the file I need (which is pre-selected anyway) a pop-up asks me if i want to quit the installation.... even when I select a different file to save into it wont let me install and the same pop-up appears until I click yes!

Can anyone help and save the hassle of re-installing XP! :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The sims not being ny cup of tea , I've never tried to install any of them on vista , but you >could< try disabling UAC {vistas series of slightly OTT security features designed to stop people doing stupid things to their computer] and seeing if that makes a difference .
    Details here
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I had no problem installing all The Sims2 games on Vista. Don't see how it could be Vista causing the problem, maybe you don't have the space as they take up a lot of room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I've never had that problem with Vista and I have installed every one of the expansions on my pc. This error seems weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try running it in compatibility mode or contact Maxis/EA.

Advertisement