Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medieval banquet night in Fota sheraton?

Options
  • 23-10-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear the add on the radio during the week about the medieval style banquet night in the fota sheraton this sun night ?

anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

my interest... you have it.

any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Tell me more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Saw some signs advertising this near Carrig. It's being organised for the launch of the Carrigtwohill Medieval Festival and Irish Country Fair. More info about it here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

ended up getting a ticket. should be fun. i usually avoid the jazz, pubs too full :(

got if from ann o'driscoll in carrigtwohill, there was a sign in one of the pubs for it, and one of them had her mobile no. if anyone wants the number let me know and i will pass it on, not sure if it's her personal number or a general number for tickets....

she said the menu was a buffet style, spit roast pork/lamb, the was beef, roast root veg, loads of different types of breads,pies @ deserts :pac: :pac: :pac: me hungry

also found this : http://www.carrigtwohillcommunity.ie/events/medieval09/medieval.htm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Many many many moons ago I worked in Bunratty Folk Park and one night we had a freebie at the Medieval banquet.

We had a whale of a time - the highlight had to be our heckling when a tourist was sent to the dungeon. Our cries of "crucify him" gained mixed reactions...other highlight was one of our party who emptied a full jug of mead into her bag to bring home. It didn't get far.

I imagine there would be a big difference between a banquet in a castle and one in the Radisson though with enough food and drink the difference might blur,

• Advertisement
Advertisement