Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Everton V Man United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

• 23-10-2008 9:32pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

wbxipy_th.jpgV 6ozg6tw.png

Barclays Premiership
    Saturday 25th October 2008
    Goodison Park
    12:00 BST

Foreign Channels plus streams online

Man United have won their last four Premier League meetings with Everton, and 11 of the last 13 trips to Goodison Park, including the last three.

United have accumulated more points (79), won more matches (25), and scored more goals (67) against Everton than against any other club in the Premier League.

Will Rooney claim his 100th league goal against his old club?

I am going for a 1-3 result here with Rooney and Berbatov, and Tevez coming from the bench to get the third.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can I ask why is this match on so early if it's not on TV?

2-1 Utd Rooney to score all 3!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Everton have a real problem in centre midfield. In the 8 league matches so far they have played 8 different centre midfield partnerships. Their problem has been there was no real protection for the back four in any of those partnerships, Moyes tried to address it early on by playing Jagielka there against Pompey, that was a disaster and an embarrasing 0-3 defeat at home.

That been said they are only 5 points worse off than there were at this stage last year and can always up there game at home. I expect the Yak to play up front on his own, with 5 in midfield.

United are still without 3 first choice central midfielders, I expect Carrick to make a cameo depending how it goes, I had this game down as a United win so I will stick with it, 2-0 to the reds.

Looking forward to it thou, nice that is in on so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

4-0 to Man U. Rooney brace / Berb / Ronaldo!

They will go at them for the start, with Rooney being involved in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

0-1 for United,Berba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Can I ask why is this match on so early if it's not on TV?

Police stipulation...
    Boggles wrote: »
    Everton have a real problem in centre midfield. In the 8 league matches so far they have played 8 different centre midfield partnerships. Their problem has been there was no real protection for the back four in any of those partnerships, Moyes tried to address it early on by playing Jagielka there against Pompey, that was a disaster and an embarrasing 0-3 defeat at home.

That been said they are only 5 points worse off than there were at this stage last year and can always up there game at home. I expect the Yak to play up front on his own, with 5 in midfield.

United are still without 3 first choice central midfielders, I expect Carrick to make a cameo depending how it goes, I had this game down as a United win so I will stick with it, 2-0 to the reds.

Looking forward to it thou, nice that is in on so early.

Everton's selection issues in midfield have mainly been to do with suspension and injury. Cahill is serving the last game of a 3 game ban for the Alonso 'tackle'. Pienaar is just back after injury.

The main issue being that they are trying to re-shape the midfield after losing Carsley who played the DM role sitting in front of the back 4. Neville or Jags can't really play that role to the same standard as Carsley and the players that they got in during the summer in Fellaini and Castillo aren't that player either, so they are trying to form a new midfield strategy which doesn't involve that man in front of the 4 the whole time..

I think the midfield needs some time to settle and they are getting better every game.

To be honest, I think Moyes will go for a 4-4-2 with Saha and Yak up front... He needs to show the fans (especially at home) that they are being positive. You can't sit back against Man Utd and expect to win..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I think the XI will be:
    1224849843511264.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    I think the XI will be:
    1224849843511264.jpg
    I dont think you've ever picked a team with Berbatov in it, your bound to be right one of the days I suppose! :)
    Personaly I wouldnt break up the Berba/Rooney partnership at the moment but Tevez could do with a start.

I think this could be tricky and would gladly take a 0-1 away win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I dont think you've ever picked a team with Berbatov in it, your bound to be right one of the days I suppose! :)
    Personaly I wouldnt break up the Berba/Rooney partnership at the moment but Tevez could do with a start.

I think this could be tricky and would gladly take a 0-1 away win.
    yeah tbh i think i'm just being stubborn now

Was looking at the stats there, Everton have conceded 18 already this season in the league, to put that in perspective they only let in 33 last campaign. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Boggles wrote: »
    Was looking at the stats there, Everton have conceded 18 already this season in the league, to put that in perspective they only let in 33 last campaign. :eek:

Hense why I don't have any Everton defenders in my fantasy team anymore!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hense why I don't have any Everton defenders in my fantasy team anymore!!

Had Lescott last year, he was a one man points factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hi, where would be a good place to watch this online? might just wait for football first on sky...

Gonna be a tight one i reckon, we should prevail though! 2:1 to us! Rooney & Berbatov to score for us

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hi, where would be a good place to watch this online? might just wait for football first on sky...

Gonna be a tight one i reckon, we should prevail though! 2:1 to us! Rooney & Berbatov to score for us

Keep an eye on here from about 11.40 onwards in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bit early yet, but any team updates?

Or as soon as someone has the team can they post it please? ROCKMAN - I'm looking at you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

utd team

VDS
    BROWN
    RIO
    VIDIC
    EVRA
    RONALDO
    GIGGS
    FLETCHER
    PARK
    ROONEY
    BERBS

BENCH

KUSZCZAK, NEVILLE, ANDERSON ,NANI ,OSHEA ,TEVEZ, EVANS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

TEAMS Everton v Man Utd
    Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Saha, Yakubu. Subs: Nash, Baines, Castillo, Vaughan, Nuno Valente, Rodwell, Anichebe.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Anderson, Nani, O'Shea, Evans, Tevez.

Why 12 and not on sky?!

anyone know a good stream of this?

Otherwise have to watch the sunderland game :(

Loco wrote: »
    Why 12 and not on sky?!

anyone know a good stream of this?

Otherwise have to watch the sunderland game :(

I can only assume it is on at 12 because it is a derby of sorts and they don't want pissed up fans.

Sunderland v Newcastle is a big Derby, I suppose Sky can't show United every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=21723&part=sports

heres a list of some streams you will need to download a program called sopcast and tvantz to use them.

pain in the hole that this game isnt on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't f*ckin believe this is not on TV after me getting up early!!! SO F*CKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!

most of those streams i have tried are really laggy :(

sunderland for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any streams up?

gutted this isn't on tv, I mean i only just got up and remembered we were on early kick off this morning so lashed on sky and nada. Im not watching this online so its MOTD for me :(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RasTa wrote: »
    Any streams up?

ghouldaddy recommended some, Link below. i'm watching the first one at the mo, it's in Malaysian or something but the quality aint too bad
    Actually the commentary is english, you need to get sopcast program for it to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Surprised that Tevez isn't starting. Good team though, lets hope Giggs can put in a good performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Can you listen to it on to net?Im in work :( and i have tried bbc 5 live but no joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sweet got sop://202.184.52.228:3920/1650 working in english. Good quality also.

http://www.justin.tv/siki_sport works for the streamers but the quality isn't the best and I think it's in Polish.

• Advertisement

http://www.calcion.altervista.org/ ain't bad either if people are still looking. Although its like 30 seconds behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol United aren't on tv once in probably 15 years and the whole world melts down!

good game this, end to end stuff so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

http://www.goalcentre.com/everton-vs-manchester-united-live-highlights/ is working perfectly for me if anyone is still looking. English commentary btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

KevIRL wrote: »

Wicked! (this is working for me)
    I've just jumped into an internet cafe and boads.ie is making the football magic happen :)

Fletch ya beauty! 1-0

Great ball from Giggs too.

• Advertisement

Fletcher 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fletcher 1-0

Fletcher's goal was just Lampard eskque. Great stuff from him, he's earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Fletcher 1-0

GET IN!

The goal machine "Fletcher " does it again .
    nice build up , nice finish,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great movement there from Fletcher, game ghosting into the box and took his goal brilliantly. Poor Tim Howard, second time he has been nut-megged in a week. Walcott last week and now Fletcher this week.......dear dear dear

Hands up if you don't see David Moyes lasting his 5 years. Mine is up.

great play there by Giggs

Did Giggs take some elixer of youth recently or is he really the same player who has been so underwhelming for the last season or so?

What is this? Saha actually not being injured permanently after a cruching tackle from Vidic!? :P

half an hour gone, United pretty much dominating

half an hour gone, United pretty much dominating

I know we're dominating, but I really do think that Everton have a goal in them.

lol United fans being asked to sit down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Saha taking a lot of tackles today

Ronaldo too. Both teams know who their main threat are.

Disappointed if we go in 2-0. We haven't been clinical enough, need to put a second on the board.

HT 0-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement