Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Everton V Man United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hard to see what we could have done different in any case. We wanted a goal and logic dictates that they need to push on more forward players. Maybe it was just composure we lacked as a result of dropping the equaliser in a game where we shouls have had the three points sewn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

anyone else get abit frustrated with berbatov today?

I thought his passing was excelent but their times when I just feel like screaming take a fooking shot as he almost seems afraid to at times.

I wish ferguson had brought tevez on around the 60 minute mark as I felt a change was needed and we could of used the extra man in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

United still haven't fired properly yet this season, and although today was definitely two points dropped I'm not too disheartened. IMO we have some things we need to resolve quickly though;

Nani (and yes this is a pet hate of mine) is shocking. Now whether it's the pressure of trying to live up to Ronaldo, whether it's too many late nights in manchester, a little immaturity or a combination of all of the above he's just not up to it at the moment. He makes the wrong decision far too often and seems to need about 10 seconds too many to make any decision.

Berbatov is still only getting up to full fitness, I think we overpaid but if he gets 25 goals each season it'll be money well spent. You can see his quality, but also his laziness at the moment, but it's only a matter of time before him and Rooney click on a regular basis.

Ronaldo is still a little unfit, and looks a little disinterested too. I don't know about anyone else, but he seems to be going down a lot in the last couple of games even when he could have gone on. To me that's a sure sign that his body isn't quite up to speed with his mind, and it's frustrating him.

Chelsea & Liverpool will both drop at least 10 points between now and the end of the season, so it's just a question of whether or not United can kick into full gear in time to take advantage of that. At the end of the season I still think it'll be Chelsea/United 1 & 2 in one order or the other with Arsenal third and Liverpool 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Definately 2 points dropped in my opinion, the game should have been put to bed in the first half.

Giggs for me was man of the match, it is turning out to be a stroke of genius by Ferguson playing him in the centre. Fletcher has been suberb, but United badly need Carrick back to bring a little control to the midfield so things like the second half can be dampened out.

Ferguson made the odd decision early in the 2nd half of Ferdinand man marking Yakubo, the Yak dragged him every where, really baffling tactic which led to Ferdinand making a couple of howlers.

Credit Everton and credit the Fans, they were immense, got Rooney taken off and really were the 12th man yesterday.

Westham and Hull up next at home for United, 6 points is a must, Before heading into the make or break month of November.

Hopefully Rafa parks the bus today and hits on the counter and the Scouse can get a point off Chelsea, 6 points behind the top 2 with a game in hand is not a complete disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Great display from Everton in the second half. The old 'dogs of war' mentality seemed to be installed at half time and they came out fighting... Great to see as it has been lacking from them so far this season. Nice to see a bit of pride for the shirt again.

Fellaini had a very good game. Still getting to grips with the premier league, but the past couple of games he has started to stamp his authority on games. 2 goals in the last 3 is very good as well...

Onwards and upwards from here hopefully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement