Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with Lidl free to air.

• 23-10-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Just installed lidl/silvercrest free to air dish. Recieving lots of junk but no English channels except BBC world. Helpline advised using Astra 28 but no luck. Complet novice here, any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 claudiub

jonny d wrote: »
    Just installed lidl/silvercrest free to air dish. Recieving lots of junk but no English channels except BBC world. Helpline advised using Astra 28 but no luck. Complet novice here, any help appreciated!
    hi ask pelisor2000 hi fix mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

BBC World is not available on Astra 28.2, so if you're getting it you're pointing at the wrong satellite.

Try moving it a bit more to the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Your either pointing at Hotbird (13*E) or Astra1 (19*E) - Its Astra1 if theres loads of german channels.

You need to very carefully move dish slightly eastwards for 28.2/Astra2.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

i will try this first ...out of all the satellites one would think that i would stumble onto bbc etc at some stage....is reception good from the west? thank you all

Signal is strong for Astra2, yes.

Its just that your dealing in terms of mm when aligning dish - Takes a bit of patience.

• Advertisement

cheers...but can you give me an idea of what i will see if i align it correctly ie bbc,s and itv,s

cheers...but can you give me an idea of what i will see if i align it correctly ie bbc,s and itv,s

BBC1/2/3/4
    BBC News
    Euronews
    Sky News
    ITV1/2/3/4 (ITV2+1/ITV3+1/ITV4+1)
    Channel 4 (C4+1)
    More 4 (More4+1)
    E4 (E4+1)
    Film 4 (Film 4 +1)

There was talk of Five going FTA but don't know if that ever happened??
    The rest of the free channels are rubbish to the best of my knowledge. However, others here might be able to list a couple more useful ones that I may have overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Yes some other channels such as

TRUE MOVIES 1

TRUES MOVIES 2

MOVIES FOR MEN 1+2

MEN + MOTORS

ALSO MY KIDS LOVE

TINY POP + POP GIRL AND THERE ARE SOME SPORTS CHANNEL SO GENERALY NOT BAD AT ALL

thanx for info.....on the astra28 i can get 100,s of foreign tv but still have not a sniff of the above channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

If you are picking up hundreds of foreign channels, then you are not on Astra28. You need to MOVE YOUR DISH.

• Advertisement

thanx for info.....on the astra28 i can get 100,s of foreign tv but still have not a sniff of the above channels
    More than likely, your either on Hotbird (13*E) or Astra1 (19*E). If there are loads of German channels then its 19*E. Either way, you need to move your dish further east ie. when looking at it from front of dish, turn in slight increments to the right.

very little hair left at this stage!!!!! i have astra 28.2e,(i think)...... when selecting astra, and signal strength and intensity at 93+77%,all that comes through is 4 foreign channels....the other sats have no signal,so what the f*** can i do now? if i am on astra surely all available tv should come in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No No no no and so on, you are not on astra 28east. there are many astra satellites, astra 19 (mostly german, austrian) astra 23 east (czech) and finally but not the last astra sat before people jump on me! is astra 28 east.

Try do a manual scan on some of the frequencies on this page http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038749

let us know what you get, my bet is german or czech channels. If you do then the dish has to go further east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Your dish isn't pointing at Astra 28E. Give us the names of the channels you're getting, and frequency details (press OK on the remote, and the details will be in the bottom-right corner, under the small channel picture), and we will be able to tell you where it is pointing, and how you need to move the dish to get 28E.

just clicked onto astra 28 and have picked up itv,s and bbc,s etc......will still need to be fine tuned but at least i,m in the right area......many thanks to all...;}

Advertisement