Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are Three going to get new phones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ive been checking their selection of pay monthly phones regularly but they haven't changed!!

Anyone know when they will bring out some new handsets? I know they announced their new INQ phone but that looks like a toy and I wouldn't be waiting for that!!

Link to new INQ:www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/3s-inq-to-hit-the-mobile-scene-with-facebook-friendly-inq1/

Nokia 6600 slide and flip, 6220, se c905 launching soon. The n96 is available through 3 stores. Some samsung also launching soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Seriously. their branded **** is not worth waiting for. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

3 are getting the htc dream soon....gr.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Walkman wrote: »
    Nokia 6600 slide and flip, 6220, se c905 launching soon. The n96 is available through 3 stores. Some samsung also launching soon

Waiting on the 6220 since August! :(

Will it be launching at the start of November?

viking wrote: »
    Waiting on the 6220 since August! :(

Will it be launching at the start of November?

6220 will be in 3 stores tomorrow

• Advertisement

woohoo! :)

tnx

The 3 store on Grafton St. don't have a date for release of the 6220. Just told me "November sometime"...

I assure you it will be in 3 stores tomorrow.

hehe, I'll ring them at 9am tomorrow to see if you are right! :-)

lol, thanks.

Ask to speak to the manager. I was in Henry Street (speaking to the assistant manager) today and they told me they would have them tomorrow, couldnt confirm a time as it depended on when the delivery guy got there. They said they were only told today that they were coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Walkman wrote: »
    Ask to speak to the manager. I was in Henry Street (speaking to the assistant manager) today and they told me they would have them tomorrow, couldnt confirm a time as it depended on when the delivery guy got there. They said they were only told today that they were coming in.

The 6220 is available now on the Upgrade section, just picked one up for €29. Theres also the Tocco in black/purple and a Sony, dont know what others.

Rang a local 3 store and was told not available and no idea whens its in! Mad eh?

Just ordered one on the Upgrade section of the three.ie site. :)

Dropped into the 3store on henry street today and saw the 6220 on display. Also they got in the tocco and the w595

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Yeah, 3's mobile offering has definently got worse over the last while. I've been tempted to leave them because of the poor choice.

In fairness to 3 I've found their customer service to be fine. They sometimes (albeit, occassionaly too often) ring me to let me know of new offers etc. A broken phone was fixed promptly. Compare this to Vodaphone whom my gf is with - she has had to return a phone twice now to be repaired. They won't give a new phone until her current one has been returned 3 times for repair!!!

Anyway, was going to move to O2 for an iPhone - now starting to think it's just not worth it (for the tariff and it's overrated). Also toyed with the idea of the new E71 - but it's a bit more of a business phone so not interested.

Since they got the Tocco in, does anyone know if they'll follow it with the Omnia? If 3 got this phone I think I'd be happy to sign another year contract.

Advertisement