Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRUIT TREES IN CORK

Options
  • 23-10-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hiya, I'm looking to buy some saplings for my new garden, I'd love to get some really special old apple varieties and maybe some pear and plum trees too! BAsically I'm looking for something which will produce fruit with more character than the ones you tend to see in regular garden centres, anyone know anywhere in cork I can find them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Your only man..

http://www.futureforests.net/br_fruit.htm

Excellant range and customer service... In Cork as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BettyBlue

ya futureforests amazing garden centure , great people,
    you will get all you need there and more !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

I'd love to get some really special old apple varieties

Future forests have been recommended and I agree they are good.

But do not buy before looking at Irish Seed Savers. They are terrific. Take a look at their site:

http://www.irishseedsavers.ie/

They sell all sorts of apple trees, fruit trees etc. I have dealt with both furture forests and seed savers and I cannot recommend either highly enough.

My trees were delivered in great nick and bigger than promised too.

Seed savers apple trees costs a little more than your typical "Tesco apple tree" BUT you get a completely different tree. You get one that is specifically bred for the Irish climate - as opposed to one that is for sale accross all tesco shops from northern france to the tip of scotland.

Advertisement