Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenmare???

Options
  • 23-10-2008 10:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have the floods subsided?Was the Landsdown hotel under water??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

some of the town was submerged alright ... the lansdowne seemed to have avoided the worst being at the top of the town ... the town especially around the square; bridge; church were under almost 4feet of water ...

They thought they had it under control at one point but then the tide came in and they had to retreat somewhat and there were people trapped inside their homes and places of work for the best part of Thursday.

It is now beginning to subside alright and the cars that were almost covered with water are being moved.

More of the same weather is predicted for this week-end and plans i understand are being put in place but time will tell on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

How are things in Kenmare now?
    I'm supposed to be driving from Tralee down to Castletownbere tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

RichyX wrote: »
    How are things in Kenmare now?
    I'm supposed to be driving from Tralee down to Castletownbere tonight.

sorry mate i would have responded to this but i wasn't online at all today...but yeah the roads have re-opened and the water has subsided for now.

how was your journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

kerry4sam wrote: »
    how was your journey?

The roads were grand on Friday night.
    No bother driving back today either.

Advertisement